Audio By Carbonatix
The Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) for Ayawaso West, Dr Michael Mensah, says that a preliminary report on the Roman Ridge building collapse is expected by midday as authorities work to determine the cause of the incident.
Speaking on the AM Show on Wednesday, Dr Mensah explained that the municipal assembly had already commenced investigations into the collapse, which occurred on Tuesday afternoon, injuring 14 construction workers at the site.
“We want to start the investigation, so I believe that by midday or by close of day, we would have gotten details of what actually happened yesterday,” he said.
Dr Mensah noted that the committee overseeing the probe would focus on assessing whether the contractors involved followed standard building procedures, particularly about the use of support structures during the casting of concrete.
“If the props or supports are not properly checked when casting concrete, you are likely to have problems of this nature,” he explained.
He assured that the findings of the investigation will be made public once completed to promote transparency and accountability within the construction sector.
“If you want it public, we’ll make it public. We actually want to ensure that the right things are done,” he added.
The collapse happened between a ten-storey apartment and the Ghana Institute of Engineering at Roman Ridge. The structure, reportedly being undertaken by Fabrico Builders, caved in around 12:18 p.m. on Tuesday.
All 14 affected persons — all men — were rescued and sent to the 37 Military Hospital and Ridge Hospital for treatment, with most currently discharged.
he Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) has since cordoned off the area and suspended all construction activities pending the outcome of the investigation.
Dr Mensah stressed that the assembly remains committed to enforcing building regulations and ensuring safety on all construction sites within the municipality.
“We’ll read through the findings carefully and make sure this does not happen again,” he said.
Latest Stories
-
Police launch manhunt for suspect in Sekondi for alleged defilement
2 minutes -
Arrests must continue until misconduct ceases – David Vondee
11 minutes -
WFP and partners assess impact of US-funded school feeding programme
41 minutes -
Lastec Auto Centre: The man who sold his Mercedes to build a garage brand in Accra
50 minutes -
Ghanaian start-ups can unlock €100K in non-dilutive funding + scaling support via develoPPP Ventures
1 hour -
Today’s Front pages: Thursday, May 21, 2026
1 hour -
UG Professor wins international lifetime achievement award for work on neglected tropical diseases
2 hours -
Prophet John Anokye urges Christians to combine faith with financial wisdom
2 hours -
Minister Sam George inspects ‘One Million Coders’ centres in Greater Accra
2 hours -
Legacy Expo 2026 set to mark a decade of impact in Africa’s beauty & wellness industry
2 hours -
Major shake-up begins to make Ghana.gov simpler for citizens
2 hours -
Ghana Immigration Service trains officers ahead of nationwide e-visa rollout
3 hours -
Trade Ministry prepares for US Chamber of Commerce Trade Mission
3 hours -
We have all seen it – Kwakye Ofosu confirms early race to replace Mahama
3 hours -
One dead, several injured in head-on crash on Wenchi-Subinso road
3 hours