The Premier League has given clubs permission to play friendly matches, with strict restrictions, before the restart on 17 June.
Top-flight sides made requests to face other teams in preparation for the league’s return, which was accepted, according to the Telegraph.
Premier League leaders Liverpool held an 11-a-side game in training at Anfield on Monday.
Friendlies can be played at either stadiums or training grounds.
However, the Premier League has outlined a number of conditions such as negative Covid-19 tests being returned by players involved.
Measures have also been put in place ensure hygiene and social distancing rules are adhered to which include:
- Clubs being forbidden from travelling for further than 90 minutes, though teams like Newcastle will be granted special dispensation if they have to travel further.
- All players must travel in their own cars, possibly in their kits.
- No official referees will be allowed, with members of coaching staff taking charge.
- Full risk-assessments of the stadium/training ground before games.
Championship clubs have reportedly already been approached about games and BBC Sport understands that the EFL will issue guidance to clubs on this later in the week.
Upon the resumption, some games could take place at neutral venues and Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp told BBC Radio 5 Live he “would love” to play their home games at Anfield.
“We will not have the help from the crowd but no team will have that so where is the advantage? Whoever we play it is the same situation which is why I’m not too worried about it,” said Klopp.
“We have tried to simulate the situation by training in the stadium and getting used to it.”
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Social media users list Top 5 Ghanaian players
Nursing aide gets 7 life terms for killing 7 elderly VA patients with insulin
Ghana to host African Swimming and Open Water championships
Chief breaks ground for multipurpose Nkawkaw Palace
Double whammy for Ghana in Old Mutual Amazing Voices
RTI Law is to empower citizens and to fight corruption – RTI Coalition
Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Victim recounts
Transgender Cameroonians jailed for 5 years
Dr Prince Hamid Armah: Exploring Akufo-Addo’s commitment to education; Policy, spending, and outcomes
Politicisation of security agencies cause of insecurity in the country- Sam George
Museveni takes oath for 6th term
Ghana has not done enough to get girls out of the streets – Development consultant
China’s population grows to 1.41 billion people
Uganda deploys troops ahead of Museveni inauguration
Banks cannot be blamed for not accepting new Voter ID cards – Association of Bankers
9-year-old boy dies after being ‘struck by lightning’ on football field