President Akufo-Addo has appointed the Deputy Director of Communication at the Presidency, Mr. Kofi Baah Agyepong as acting Chief Executive Officer of the Youth Employment Agency (YEA).
Mr. Agyepong takes over from Mr. Justin Kodua Frimpong, who resigned to focus on his role as the General Secretary of the New Patriotic Party (NPP).
A letter dated August 9 2022 and signed by the Secretary to the President, Nana Bediatuo Asante said the appointment takes effect from August 10, 2022.
“Further to the resignation of Justin Kodua Frimpong as the Chief Executive Officer of the Youth Employment Agency and in accordance with Section 12(1) of the Youth Employment Agency Act, 2015 (Act 887), the President has appointed you to act as Chief Executive Officer of the Agency, pending receipt of the constitutionally required advice of the governing board of the Agency, given in consultation with the Public Services Commission,” the appointment letter read.
The President’s Secretary requested Mr. Agyepong to “indicate acceptance or otherwise of this appointment within 14 days of receipt of this letter.”
Nana Bediatuo Asante extended, “the President’s best wishes” to the appointee.
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- British officials release date for King Charles III’s coronation
- Black Sherif’s ‘Soja’ debuts on Billboard’s US Afrobeats Chart
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- Increase price of bag of cocoa to ¢1,500 or we smuggle it – Farmers
- ‘I have given up on dating; guys do not take me seriously’ – Comedienne Jacinta
- Kuami Eugene grabs 2022 BMI London award
- Former Arsenal star Emmanuel Petit calls for Thomas Partey backup in January
- Bawumia has been a disaster as head of economic management team – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
- People like our union – Shatta Wale on why he requested to collaborate with Michy
- Qatar 2022: Ghana vs Uruguay not a ‘revenge’ game – Andre Ayew
- Malta Guinness WPL: Ridge City take on Essiam Socrates; Pearlpia face Prisons Ladies on Day 1
- I think Black Sherif is Bob Marley reincarnate – Sonnie Badu
- Prudential Bank leads conversation on Pan-African Payment and Settlement System
- Midweek performance wrap of Ghanaian players in Europe
- Exhibit customer-centric services in your daily operations – British Council to organisations
- Government consciously shielding main culprit in Bulgarian Embassy demolition – Ablakwa
- ‘I’m fed up’ – aspiring NDC chairman backs calls to oust incumbent Ofosu Ampofo, Asiedu Nketia
- One dead in Tetegu floods
- #BigBrotherNaija records over 19m tweets by fans￼