President John Agyekum Kufuor on Tuesday received a special message from his Algerian counterpart, President Abdulaziz Bouteflika at the Castle, Osu.
The content of the message, delivered by a Special Envoy, was not disclosed.
The Envoy, Mr Ramtane Lamamra, who is the Secretary-General of the Algerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, conveyed the Algerian leader’s appreciation to President Kufuor for his participation and contributions during the recent NEPAD brainstorming summit held in Algiers.
He noted that as Chairman of the African Union (AU), his support and that of his other colleague Heads of State was vital for the successful integration of NEPAD into the AU structure.
He said President Bouteflika was looking forward to continuing working with him on that.
Responding, President Kufuor said the summit was a good one and that NEPAD should find its rightful position within the AU. He said it was his hope that the Algerian President would attend the July AU summit in Accra and bring his immeasurable influence to bear on the direction of the Union.
President Kufuor stated that the Accra summit would focus on working towards realising the Union of African States. Present was the Foreign Minister, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo.
- NCA to shut down 49 TV stations for operating without license
- Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
- Police and NCA officers shut down Nana Agradaa’s Thunder TV, Ice1 TV
- Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
- ‘I find myself in a very enviable position’ – Hassan Tampuli on ministerial appointment
- Emanuella features in Australian action film ‘Survive Or Die’
- Suspect who slit throat of girlfriend in Ho remanded in police custody
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- Guinness Ghana’s Samuel Meyir Dery Joins FanMilk as new Marketing Director
- Power providers can’t guarantee consistency with ‘dumsor’ timetable – Energy Analyst
Cocoa Management System will track progress of children in school – Cocobod
Tema East MP hails Speaker Bagbin and Dean of Presiding Members
All set for opening of IIPGH Digital Design & Creative Hub
Prudential Bank discusses transportation at 2nd AfCFTA Summit
NDC risks losing party bigwigs over accountability issues – Mohammed Frimpong
4 suspected phone snatchers nabbed at Ashaiman
Madina MP launches educational fund to mark 100 days in office
Teberebie residents receive free medical care
Pizza Express moves to hire 1,000 staff after cutting 2,400 jobs last year
No need to panic about China’s export of Cocoa – COCOBOD
National Bee Keepers Association laments ‘lukewarm attention’ towards beekeeping
China willing to help India in Covid-19 fight
IPPs chamber applauds Energy Minister for his candour and readiness to solve energy problems
Cape Coast North NPP fights MP over ‘false’ claims of securing 3 road contracts
Scabies outbreak hits Effiduase as health authorities struggle to contain it