President Akufo-Addo has appointed Kwaku Ampratwum-Sarpong as the Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration.
The current Member of Parliament (MP) for the Mampong Constituency in the Ashanti Region, is part of 39 Deputy Ministers announced by the President on Wednesday, April 21, 2021.
Below is the profile of Kwaku Ampratwum-Sarpong
Mr. Kwaku Ampratwum-Sarpong was instrumental in the formation of the Danquah–Busia–Dombo group in London called United Progress Party International (UPPI) under the leadership of J.H Mensah, Kwadwo Mpiani, S.K Boafo, Thomas Broni, Elizabeth Ohene, Dr. Adjei Baafour.
This was the umbrella political organisation for the exiled in the UK in the 1980s and before 1992.
The UPPI in London coordinated all the political activities, strategies and programmes of the Danquah-Busia group in Ghana and outside Ghana until the birth of NPP in Ghana in 1992.
He was the Assistant Secretary and later became the General Secretary.
- University of Ghana, Legon (1980-84) – B/A (Hons.)
- University of South Bank, London (1991)- Post Graduate Certificate in Public Policy
- University of Westminster, London (1993/94) Post Graduate Certificate in Housing Studies/ Estate Management
- University of Westminster, London (1994-95), Post Graduate Diploma in Housing Management
- University of Westminster, London, (1995-96), M/A (Housing Management)
- University of London, Birkbeck College (2002-2003), Post Graduate Certificate in Investment Management.
- University of London, Birkbeck College (2004-2005), Post Graduate Diploma in Corporate Governance & Business Ethics
- Graduate School of Governance & Leadership 2012, Advance Executive Cert in Procurement & Contract Management
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Associate Member – Chartered Institute of Housing (UK)
- Member – Chartered Management Institute (UK)
- Member – Chartered Institute of Directors (UK)
- Affiliate Member – Institute of Consulting (UK)
- John Grant Estates, Edmonton London – 1989-90
- London Borough of Lambeth, Brixton Directorate of Housing & Property
- Senior Administrative Officer (Sept 1990- Oct 1991)
- London Borough of Hackney – Directorate of Housing
- Estate Manager: Oct 1991- June 1994
- Senior Housing Officer: June 1994-Sept 1995
- Principal Housing Officer: Sept 1995 – June 1996
- Divisional Service Manager: June 1996 – Oct 2002
- Hanover In Hackney Housing Ltd (UK)
- Capricorn Associates (UK) Ltd ( Property Developers, Management & Consultants)
- Deputy High Commissioner to New Delhi, India: 2006 – 2009
Mr. Kwaku Ampratwum-Sarpong is married with three children.
- 5 feared dead, 15 injured in accident on Accra-Tema motorway
- Blunt and Blay: Finding ‘silence’ for Auntie Ohene from uncle Sam’s ‘noise’
- Far from silence, we suffer a culture of noise – Elizabeth Ohene
- NSMQ 2021: Presec beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions
- Akufo-Addo accepts Kissi Agyebeng’s nomination as Special Prosecutor, seeks Parliamentary approval
- Four charged for violating restrictions on public gathering at Christ Embassy ‘Pneumatica Night’
- Seatbelt has saved me 3 times – Alban Bagbin
- Police secures restraining order against #FixTheCountry protest on May 9
- Our job is to fix problems; we are fixing them – Bawumia
- Don’t depend on your children when you retire, it’s a “money mistake” – EDC boss
Today’s front pages: Friday, May 7, 2021
FixTheCountry: Is there any country that does not need fixing? – Stephen Amoah quizzes
Demolish structures along ‘Right Of Way’ for railway projects – Otumfuo Osei Tutu II
Innovation Creativity and Entrepreneurship Programme to create opportunity for 140 Young entrepreneurs
Ghana takes delivery of 350,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccines
#FixTheCountry protestors could be NDC – Freddie Blay
Message from the Morning Man: Mrs Awuku’s Kettle
Chiefs urged to remove cultural barriers affecting women’s participation in leadership
Public urged to put political colours aside for national development
What is the big deal? – Bridgette Dzogbenuku on WGHS refusing to let students fast
‘Our ethos was happy music and good vibes’: genre-busting Black British band Osibisa
Remind the public we are not in normal times – Oppong Nkrumah tells Media
76-year-old prophetess burnt to death at Komenda
The youth of Ghana are dissatisfied – Dr Kofi Amoah
Nana Addo’s galamsey fight a ‘soundbite’ fight; President has failed – Sam George