The President's nominee, for the position of Ho Municipal Chief Executive, Prosper Pi-Bansah has been overwhelmingly approved by the assembly.
All 41 assembly members who were present at the special meeting voted in Mr Pi-Bansah’s favor, giving him a 100% endorsement. He will replace dismissed former MCE, Nelson Akorli.
Mr. Robert Addo of the Ho District Court 1, consequently swore Mr Pi-Bansah into office.
In his first address, Mr Pi-Bansah thanked the members for the overwhelming endorsement and promised to work towards lessening challenges that had plagued the municipality.
He hinted that his administration would focus on expanding access to health, improving sanitation, extending water coverage, ensure continues flow of water and also upgrade deplorable road networks in the municipality.
He indicated intentions to empower the police to raid wee and narcotic joints in the municipality, and as well punish persons found culpable.
Mr. Pi-Bansah, however, lamented on the none usage of the Ghana Urban Management Pilot Programme stores in the Ho Central Market, despite its completion some four years ago.
He promised to engage all stakeholders to unravel and resolve issues preventing the commissioning of the stores for use.
Present at the special meeting were the Volta Regional Minister, Dr Archibald Letsa, Deputy Volta Regional Minister, Johnson Avulety, Ho Central Member of Parliament, Benjamin Kpodo and Volta Regional New Patriotic Party Chairman, Makafui Woanyah.
- Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong’s NPP membership re-instated
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Former students of Takoradi Technical University reject certificate
- Customs driver jailed for selling official vehicle
- NSMQ2021: Northern landlords, Tamasco, three others secure tickets for national championship
- Over 10 make-shift structures razed down by fire at Krofrom-Kumasi
GCB outlines strategy that hinges on 3 pillars
Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
Road Safety is a collective and shared responsibility – MTTD
NCCE, Graphic Communication Group to deepen relations
CIMG commits to national development through launch of professional marketing qualifications
No dividend for Unilever shareholders; but company focused on delivering growth
Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
UK government commits to introducing legislation to ban conversion therapy practice
Chief of Defence Staff, two others inducted into office
Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine authorised for administering to children aged 12-15
Playback: Government addresses press on ‘galamsey’ fight
Board chairman of Legon Cities donates to Oti Muslim community
Kamaldeen Sulemana ready to take next step in career amid Man Utd and Ajax interest
Council of States donates to inmates of Bole Hospital
2021 U20 AFCON: Akufo-Addo redeems $10,000 pledge to Satellites