Rapper AKA is the latest high-profile personality to test positive for Covid-19.
As cases of the novel coronavirus continue to rapidly increase, The Fela In Versace hitmaker issued a statement on Instagram on Friday, revealing his results.
The rapper said he decided to make his results public to “caution citizens to be more careful”.
“AKA pleads for everyone to adhere to social distancing guidelines, to wear masks and to hold stringent hygiene measures by frequently sanitising and washing our hands,” read part of the statement.
The statement went on to add that the rapper will be sharing his road to recovery with fans while in self-isolation as he plans to be as transparent as possible.
On Friday morning, Gauteng premier David Makhura also revealed that he had tested positive and was in self-isolation.
Meanwhile, reality TV star and real estate agent TT Mbha took to social media to announce that he’s recovered from Covid-19 and is a survivor of the virus.
“I tested positive on June 24! My mental, emotional, spiritual and physical strengths were all put to the ultimate test of survival! I tested negative on July 9. By the mighty and unshakeable grace of God, I survived meningitis in 2014 and in 2020 I survived coronavirus!” he said.
TT went on to encourage those going through their recovery journeys from the sickness to stay strong and hopeful.
“You can, must and will be a coronavirus survivor too! I thank you all for your prayer.”
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- US singer Jake Flint dies hours after wedding
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Qatar 2022: I am playing to the instructions of the head coach – Thomas Partey
- Government frustrated over Organised Labour’s rejection of 18% salary increment
- Rev. Obed Danquah: Agriculture, whose business?
- NACOC officials seize US$1.4m worth of suspected narcotic drugs
- Petrol tanker accident: Residents scramble for fuel
- ‘Squid Game’ actor indicted over indecent assault charges
- We’ve not imposed levies on luxury vehicles -GRA
- Don’t pass expenditure lines in 2023 Budget – Tax Justice to Parliament
- NHIS to provide funding support for children with kidney disease – Bawumia
- Australia parliament rape retrial abandoned
- Kudus Mohammed: The heart of a Black Star
- Keta Investment Promotion Center lauds farmers for immense contribution to economy
- Harriette Amissah-Arthur is Female Energy Personality of the Year
- Let’s manufacture Dialysate in Ghana to bring down dialysis cost – Bawumia
- GSE, Young Investors Network organise Capital Market Quiz for 2nd cycle schools
- Manhyia hospital nurses embark on indefinite strike action over NSS director’s abuse
- Livestream: 38th National Farmers’ Day celebration in Koforidua