Ghana’s envoy to Saudi Arabia, Alhaji Rashid Bawa has joined the race for the vice presidential slot of the NPP.
Expressed interest in the slot Alhaji Bawa said he qualities that could be brought to bear on the campaign of the party.
The issue of choosing a running mate for the flag bearer of the New Patriotic Party, Nana Akufo-Addo has generated subtle interest recently.
Names bandied around as possible candidates for the job include Alhaji Boniface Abubakar Saddique, Dr. Mohammed Ibn Chambas, and Sheikh I.C. Quaye.
But Alhaji Bawa, the latest to put forward his bid says he has the capacity to attract the youth to the party and help it win the December polls.
Speaking to Joy News, the former Youth and Sports Minister said “If am given the opportunity I will serve mother Ghana”.
Responding to what he will bring to the campaign he said he will bring humility and energy to bear on Nana Addo’s campaign.
“I will be able to appeal to and reach out to the youth and the floating voter to bring them on board”.
Alhaji Bawa told Joy News’ Seth Kwame Boateng that “I do believe that the NPP should seriously consider a Muslim candidate to partner Nana Akufo-Addo.
“It will go a long way to consolidate what has been started by
Story by Malik Abass Daabu
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Travellers complain of rampant robbery at Bunso Junction off Accra-Kumasi highway
- 9 Nigerians arrested for illegally entering Ghana after crossing Volta River
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- 36th ICAG Graduation Ceremony; female UCC alumni crowned overall best candidate
- Former NSMQ contestant, Francis Tetteh reported dead
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
Quality healthcare at Upper West Regional Hospital impeded over lack of food supply
‘NDC not at crossroads but we are at a point where the roads are likely to cross’ – Kunbuor
John Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
‘Let’s not lose our guard on Covid-19’ – NCCE cautions public
NDC party was formed to give voice to the voiceless-Antwi Boasiako
JoyBusiness’ MoneyLab educates on steps to follow to avoid fraud
Ghana claims 88 percent of 2020 WASSCE 8As
We want to model Ghanaian youth to become good citizens – ISGF Africa Chairman
Court reveals 13 factors behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
Message from the Morning Man: Sandbags
Forum held at Tema meant to reaffirm cadres group as major organ in NDC – Ben Ephson
Kwasi Korang: NPP leadership should be bold and stop the Bawumia camp from campaigning
Bawumia is a gem – Ama Busia
‘Bawumia is more than qualified to lead the NPP in 2024’ – Ama Busia
Group makes schooling attractive for blind and deaf student in Cape Coast through sports