Mr Kofi Adams, Spokesperson for former President Jerry John Rawlings, has debunked media reports that suggest the former President has endorsed President John Mahama and is campaigning for him through his meetings with chiefs.
The suspended Deputy General Secretary of the NDC says the former president is not campaigning as reported but rather talking to chiefs on how to maintain peace in the country before, during and after the December elections.
The media on Thursday reported that the former president in a meeting with the Volta Region House of Chiefs in Ho said the NDC had received a boost in recent times arising from the death of Professor Mills and the selection of John Dramani Mahama as NDC flagbearer and party leader.
This had therefore given the NDC a new lease of life, and President John Mahama could win the December polls.
But speaking on Adom FM’s Dwaso Nsem morning show, Kofi Adams chided Journalists for dwelling on a few points made by the former president and drawing sweeping conclusions.
He says the former president is doing all he can to help maintain peace in the country for the benefit of Ghanaians and he has identified the chiefs to be his partners to help bring everybody on board.
Kofi Adams also agreed with comments by some analysts that John Mahama has been more active as flagbearer, and this has increased his chances in the upcoming poll.
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Ghana will soon deploy automated traffic policing system – MTTD
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
- 8 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,334
- Doctor withdraws notice to leave health centre after Bawumia donated equipment and supplies
- About 700 residents in Yapei rendered homeless after rainstorm
- Vaccine and safety protocols helping to prevent spread of Covid-19 – GHS
- UEFA and Premier League hit out at European Super League plans amid reports clubs set to announce breakaway
- Ghana Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors swears in new board
- Ghana Mission in Washington, others donate $59,850 to Covid-19 fund
Ghana’s investment climate attractive – Oppong Nkrumah
36th ICAG Graduation Ceremony; female UCC alumni crowned overall best candidate
Joint stakeholder group to examine unethical media content to be setup – Oppong Nkrumah
2 men killed as Tesla without anyone in the driver’s seat crashes into tree and catches fire
Today’s front pages: Monday, April 19, 2021
GIPC to ensure $2.7bn investment yields full benefits
Black Stars Coaches Arrears: Appiah and Akonnor paid combined $213,000
Don’t panic you will get a second Covid-19 vaccines jab as soon as possible – GHS
Cargill to begin ‘Safe Water Access’ project in cocoa-growing communities
Nana Kwadwo Jantuah: Beyond the galamsey dialogue, what next?
Teen charged in killing of 45-year-old Ghanaian Lyft driver in the US
‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
Bawumia is Ghana’s best Vice President – Ama Busia
Enact regulatory framework to control access to internet pornography – Razak Opoku