Audio By Carbonatix
The match was due to kick off at 21:30 CET, but the unexpected turn of events means that the pair will now go head to head a day later, with kick-off scheduled for 19:45 CET.
Cristina Cifuentes, a delegate of the Government of Madrid, said an investigation will now begin to track down those who caused the damage.
"A notary of faith will come and will open an investigation to see who is responsible. Both teams wanted to play but the delegate has determined that it was not possible with the light as it is," she stated.
Earlier on Vallecas president Martin Presa told Canal+ that he feared sabotage was the cause of the lighting failure.
"We have suffered a sabotage. Someone has cut the cables from the tribune," he said.
"The solution is to reconnect the cables and expect electricity to give the spotlight. The wires were cut off and that's not normal."
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
GoldBod sets new X-Ray Fluorescence standard for gold purity testing from September 1
1 minute -
Why EOCO, not OSP, is leading AKSA bribery probe – Deputy AG explains
6 minutes -
Republic Bank-JoyNews Habitat Fair to kick off with Mini-fair at Achimota Mall on August 21
14 minutes -
From promises to poisoned rivers: The dangerous silence fueling Ghana’s escalating galamsey and environmental collapse
15 minutes -
Hasty cancellation of AKSA contract could trigger judgment debt – Deputy AG warns
15 minutes -
Mahama won’t protect anyone linked to AKSA bribery scandal – Deputy AG
24 minutes -
Keeny Ice celebrates landmark Wembley performance, thanks Stonebwoy after BHIM Festival UK
42 minutes -
GoldBod hasn’t made any losses; Afenyo-Markin’s claim is ‘hallucinatory’ — Sammy Gyamfi
57 minutes -
Black Star International Film Festival unveils 2026 key art
1 hour -
Trump threatens Oman over Iran talks as efforts to reopen Strait of Hormuz continue
1 hour -
DBG to develop tailored financing tools to drive Ghana’s oil palm industry
1 hour -
Majority Leader James Agalga visits NYA CEO Osman Ayariga to discuss issues of youth development
1 hour -
NPP Greater Accra chairmanship is preparation for bigger political assignment– Okoe Boye
1 hour -
A Ghanaian PhD student at Texas Tech University advocates stronger protection for AI Data workers in Africa
2 hours -
Berekuso chief appeals to Mahama over deplorable Katesi-Berekuso-Dome-Kwabenya road
2 hours