Roger Federer will skip the Masters tournaments in Madrid and Rome and only play Roland Garros on clay this year, his agent has confirmed.
Reports previously suggested that the world number three would opt to play in the Madrid tournament but these rumours have been quashed by his agent Tony Godsick.
“As his schedule states, he plans on playing just Roland Garros,” Godsick told Reuters.
Federer has been selective with his clay court schedule since 2017 where skipped the entire clay court season, including Roland Garros, two years in a row before returning and playing in Paris, Madrid and Rome last year.
The 38-year-old Swiss reached the quarter finals of both tournaments last year before reaching the semi-final of Roland Garros where he was beaten by Rafael Nadal.
The Madrid Open starts on 3 May before the Italian Open commences a week later, with the all-important French Open starting on the 24 May.
Federer’s only French Open title came back in 2009 but will be looking to add to his unprecedented 21 Grand Slam titles to steer off world number one and two Novak Djokovic and Nadal, who are both looking to replace him as the most male tennis players of all time.
- Task force destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
- Armed men attack NPP Communicator
- Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
Farmers in Upper East unhappy about increase in prices of government subsidised fertilizers
Executive recruitment for position of EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
SSCIS and partners to offer fully-funded masters programme to girls in Ghana and Nigeria
Government’s initiatives to fight Covid-19 even better than those of advanced economies – Bawumia
Police await final report on 2-year-old boy sacrificed by father
Victoria Awusi Hlovor
Rapper J. Cole makes his debut in African basketball league
Dr Opuni, others file motion for stay of proceedings
Business Executive held over spousal murder halts wife burial
Miss Universe contestants unveil protest messages in politically charged pageant
Sometimes the girl who is always there for everyone else needs someone there for her
I don’t write songs for people anymore – King Promise
NDC has done more for healthcare in Ghana than NPP – Sammy Gyamfi responds to Nana Aba Anamoah
“I’m not proud of it” – referee for Hearts v Sharks game apologises for errors
Ghanaians to re-register SIM cards in June or risk losing phone numbers