Audio By Carbonatix
Sallas Tetteh, Head Coach of the National Under-20 soccer team, Black Satellites has added his voice to the call on Ghanaians to help fight malaria in the country.
He said the disease, which was not a respecter of any human being, was killing Ghanaians, mostly children and that everything possible must be done to make Ghana a malaria-free country.
Tetteh made the call when Add Your Voice Now, a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) championing the cause of malaria eradication through sports programme called on him in Accra on Monday.
He advised all to observe environmental hygiene by cleaning their surroundings and choked gutters, which harbours mosquitoes.
Tetteh thanked the NGO for their initiative and expressed the hope that Ghanaians would contribute their quota for the success of the programme.
Dr. Samuel Daves Agyepong, Team Doctor of Black Satellites recalled the ordeal that Samuel Inkoom and Ransford Osei, both members of the team went through when they were down with malaria in their match against Angola last month during which the players performed badly.
He advised parents to use the mosquito treated nets to prevent them from contracting the disease.
Mr. Kwabena Osei Bonsu, Chief Executive of the NGO who led the delegation, said the company had so far donated about 2,000 mosquito nets to about 20 communities in the Greater Accra and Volta Regions and expressed the hope that the exercise would be extended to other parts of the country.
He called on other NGOs to help fight the disease in the country to make Ghana malaria-free by the year 2015.
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
IES demands release of July 29 blackout report after latest nationwide outage
8 minutes -
Eastern TESCON backs Boakye Agyarko for NPP National Chairman
13 minutes -
Eduwatch demands review of BOGISS decision against 14-year-old alleged sexual abuse victim
18 minutes -
Banking sector was undercapitalised for much of decade preceding 2017 cleanup – Opoku-Afari
20 minutes -
Togo charges two French journalists over incorrect documents, rights group says
21 minutes -
Education Ministry condemns alleged sexual abuse of BOGISS student
31 minutes -
Lawyers challenge demolition of elderly woman’s Oyarifa residence, demand formal engagement
45 minutes -
Change in mode of support package for Ghanaians returning from South Africa delayed announcement – MTN Board Chairman
45 minutes -
Mining industry must rethink social licence with youth at the centre – GoldBod CEO
51 minutes -
BoG encourages banks to list on GSE to unlock long-term capital
1 hour -
NSMQ 2026: Nandom SHS complete stunning comeback, edge Ghana SHS by a point to reach one-eighth stage
1 hour -
NPP must heal and rebuild after 2024 defeat to win 2028 election – Former Volta Regional Organiser of the NPP
1 hour -
Egypt to host Africa’s premier business forum
1 hour -
The bicycle principle: why continuity matters more than balance
2 hours -
Fire guts three-storey building near Manhyia Palace in Kumasi
2 hours