Audio By Carbonatix
The Saudi Arabia government has handed over about six tonnes of medical supplies to the Ministry of Health to support health care delivery.
The supplies included antibiotics, cough syrups, oral re-hydration salts (ORS), surgical antiseptics, measles vaccines and painkillers.
Mr Sameer Mahmoud Aggad, Ambassador of the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia, said the presentation formed part of a free two-week medical outreach programme organised by the Saudi government.
The 20-member health team had camped at Nima in Accra for the past two weeks where it provided general health care and other specialized services such as ear, nose and throat and paediatrics.
He said the team, which included three women gynaecologists and a paediatrician, treated about 200 people daily during their two-week programme.
Mr Aggad stated that the medical outreach programme and the presentation of the drugs signified the strong relationship that existed between the two countries and pledged his country's support to assist Ghana in ensuring quality health care delivery.
Major Courage Quashigah (Rtd), Minister of Health, thanked the Saudi government for the gesture and appealed to the Ambassador to negotiate for a possible exchange programme between the two countries to ensure expanded knowledge of health professionals from both countries.
He commended the embassy for being the first donor country to abide by the rules spelt out in the donation manual by the Ministry.
"Previously, the Ministry was receiving expired drugs and obsolete equipment, which became a nuisance so we decided to come out with a donation manual to guide benevolent organizations who want to donate such items to us and the Saudis have followed the instructions in the manual and we are grateful," the Minister said.
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Jinapor appeals for calm after nationwide power outage, says Akosombo works will be completed next month
3 minutes -
BoG Governor rules out immediate cut in Ghana’s inflation target
10 minutes -
All 23 banks now fully capitalised – BoG Governor
12 minutes -
Supreme Court to rule Friday on challenge to Chief Justice’s legal vacation directives
15 minutes -
Fibre repairs drain millions Ghana needs for digital expansion
17 minutes -
Sunyani–Atronie–Acherensua road project reaches 33% completion
20 minutes -
Know what you bring, know your partner first
21 minutes -
Kumasi businessman and Kessben Group CEO Stephen Kessben dies at 68
22 minutes -
Ghanaian defender David Oduro set to leave Barcelona for Aston Villa
28 minutes -
Parah Foundation commissions GH¢60,000 water project for over 300 families in Adeiso-Domeabra
36 minutes -
IES calls for urgent GRIDCo assessment after third nationwide blackout in three weeks
37 minutes -
Absa Prestige Banking team equips Buzstop Boys to support community clean-up work
41 minutes -
Digital engines of growth: The role and impact of ICT on SMEs in Ghana
46 minutes -
Absa supports €456m financing for Genser Energy’s next phase of growth
46 minutes -
Gold cannot save you at 2 am – GMTF challenges mining firms to invest in healthcare
52 minutes