Dr. Sekou Nkrumah, the youngest son of the former President of Ghana, Dr. Kwame Nkrumah has waded into the disqualification of NDP flagbearer Nana Konadu Agyeman Rawlings saying “something must be terribly wrong with the former First Lady”.
Dr. Nkrumah however sympathized with Mrs. Rawlings and stated his disappointment over the former First lady’s failure to file her nomination to contest the December elections.
According to him, he wonders why Nana Konadu could not supervise the completion of the forms on time to be able to meet the deadline.
“It looks now that something is terribly wrong with her and it is either she or President Rawlings is out of touch, something I suspected a long time ago”.
Speaking on Radio XYZ’s current affairs program the Analyst, Dr. Nkrumah said the former first lady has a lot to do to convince Ghanaians that she is still politically viable.
“My point here is that it is actually not good for her political future” Sekou Nkrumah said adding “even the GCPP who will not even get 0.5 percent met the criteria of the EC”.
Meanwhile, Dr. Sekou Nkrumah’s co-panellist, Mr. Kwame Gyantuah from the CPP asserts that the former First lady is finished politically and would find it difficult to revive her political career again.
“I would say to her, she and her husband have been in Ghanaian politics for a very long time and it is time to hang the gloves”.
“It is not only an embarrassment to herself but an embarrassment to her husband [John Rawlings]”.
- Former NSMQ contestant, Francis Tetteh reported dead
- 13 reasons behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
- Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- NRSA petitions MTTD to investigate Cocobod vehicle that broke traffic regulations
- Kuami Eugene reacts after KiDi said his communication is poor
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- Kuami Eugene describes critics of his attire during Range Rover presentation as shallow
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
Worawora Government Hospital appeal to residents to donate blood
Cadre’s influence in NDC dwindling – Ben Ephson
Sibi residents in Oti Region call on government for access to potable water
People of Shiari calls on government for development facelift
BoG implements policies to accelerate digital financial inclusion
Chelsea preparing to withdraw from European Super League
Teacher allegedly butchers man in Bono Region
Amasaman MP makes donation to Muslims to mark Ramadan celebration
Court rejects bail application of business executive held over spousal murder
Joy Sports team divided over European Super League
Majority of Ghanaians at risk of contracting Covid-19 if not vaccinated in next 2 to 3 months – Health experts
Regulatory environment revamped for innovative digital banking industry – 1st Deputy Governor
Harry Styles and Gary Lineker among those nominated at British LGBT Awards
Akufo-Addo cuts sod for 20 residential facilities for Appeal Court judges in Kumasi
Idriss Déby: End of Chad’s ‘Great Survivor’