Audio By Carbonatix
A skyscraper climber nicknamed "Spiderman" has been arrested after scaling a 57-storey building in Australia with his bare hands.
Alain Robert, known for climbing some of the world's tallest buildings without ropes or equipment, was held at the top of the Lumiere building in Sydney.
The 48-year-old Frenchman got to the top in just 20 minutes, watched by dozens of people in the streets below.
"I'm sad he's been arrested, but hopefully he'll get out soon and we can have some champagne," said his agent Max Markson.
Last year, Mr Robert was fined 750 Australian dollars (ÂŁ430) for climbing the 41-storey Royal Bank of Scotland building in Sydney.
Many of his previous climbs have resulted in arrests and fines.
He has climbed more than 70 skyscrapers around the world, including the Empire State Building in New York and the Sears Tower in Chicago.
Source: Sky News
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
2 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
3 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
3 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
3 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
3 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
3 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
3 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
3 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
3 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
3 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
3 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
4 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
4 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
4 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
4 hours