As part of his avowed dream to help develop sports in the country, the Honorable Minister of Youth and Sports Elvis Afriyie Ankrah has paid a working visit to the training camp of the Ghana Weightlifting Association at the Accra Sports Stadium to familiarize himself with their preparations ahead of the African Championships.
The Ghana Weightlifters Association have been preparing assiduously for the event in the last few months and are only fine tuning themselves with just a few days for the Championships to commence. The Honorable Minister was clearly impressed with what he saw and urged the lads to train hard to be able to compete with the very best on the continent.
“Your competitors are not from Space. They are human beings like you. The only difference between two competing athletes is the level of training they have and the support they get from bodies like us.
From what I have seen in here, it is obvious that you guys are in very good shape for the competition and I would implore on you to go make the nation proud at the event. You can do it if you put yourself to it, train intensively, get the right nutrition and simply believe that you are the best out there.”
President of the Ghana Weightlifting Association, Ben Nunoo Mensah who also serves as a Presidential Staffer expressed his gratitude to the Minister for spending such quality time with the athletes and urged them to heed to the advice of the Minister as they stand a very good chance of winning laurels in the near future for the nation.
Two companies also used the occasion to present cash and product support to the Association. Erke presented the athletes with some sports products, whilst Indomie Ghana Limited presented a cash of GHC 5,000.00 and a cheque of GHC 15,000.00 A philanthropist was also on hand to donate GHC 2,000.00 to the Association.
- Ashanti NSS boss insults nurse for suggesting a change in prescription
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo: The day Kudus shone, in Jordan’s shadow
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Cedi to witness mixed performance this week
- Actionaid Ghana raises concern over the continued reduction in kindergarten education budget
- 2023 Budget: Certain difficult choices have to be made – Prof. Turkson
- Elderly persons need sex too – Gynecologist
- Government must exempt health sector from public sector employment freeze – GMA
- 2022 FIFA WC: “No time for revenge, qualification is key” – Andre Ayew
- Lack of support affecting mental health conditions – MindFreedom Ghana
- Who determines what is critical in this country? – TUC on public sector employment freeze
- 2023 Budget: Today’s debate to focus on Trade, Energy, Communications and Roads
- TUC has never supported government going to the IMF – Joshua Ansah
- Court remands trader for defrauding entrepreneurs
- Manifestivities concert to make big return on December 18
- South African delegation to understudy Ghana’s small-scale mining sector
- Marriages are collapsing due to high cost of living – Dr Ato Forson
- Forget Ashanti Regional NSS boss’ apology; it is hollow – GRNMA
- Equip hospitals in Africa for swift pandemic response – Prof. Christian Drosten