Caleb Ekuban marked his debut with a goal as Ghana laboured to a 1-0 victory over Kenya on the final day of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier.
The Trabzonspor striker's goal proved crucial as Black Stars finish the series as group winners, two points above the Harambee Stars, who had already qualified before the match.
Black Stars had a good opportunity to break the deadlock in the 24th minute but Partey swept his close-range shot across the face of goal, with the net wide open.
In the 36th minute, Ayew scored but the goal was chalked off as the Fenerbahce man was adjudged by the referee to have fouled the shot-stopper before putting the ball at the back of the net.
On the stroke of half-time, Agbenyenu hit a shot across the face of goal but Ayew failed to connect from three yards.
The second half was keenly contested, resulting in no clear-cut chances for either side until the 82nd minute when Ekuban scored.
The Italian-born striker hit a first-time left-footed shot from just inside the box, the effort proving too strong for goalkeeper Matasi as the Black Stars secured a hard-fought 1-0 win in Accra.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- NC Special Cup: Yacouba returns to inspire Kotoko to victory, Hearts confirm top spot in Premier B
- Nadal defeats Djokovic in Italian Open final to win first title of year
- Barca held by Eibar despite Messi double
- Real Madrid end campaign with 12th league defeat
- Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale in first round to defend title
- Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany to leave after 11 years
- Manchester City win FA Cup to secure historic domestic football treble
- AFCON 2019: Why Asamoah Gyan must be sacrificed for the future
- Robben, Ribery strike in perfect farewell as Bayern seal Bundesliga title in style
- 'Bribed' referees who handled Ashgold-Kotoko clash banned temporarily
- Guardiola relaxed over UEFA probe into Manchester City
- Allegri to leave Juventus this summer
- ANALYSIS: Only these players from Ghana's 2017 AFCON team should go to Egypt. [Infographic]
- Wafu Women's Cup: Ghana fail to reach final after Nigeria defeat
- Asantehene calls for golf support