Old boys of St. John’s Senior High School in Sekondi in the Western Region, Old Saints Association, have inaugurated the United Kingdom branch of the association.
The ceremony drew a host of dignitaries as well as global executives of the association.
The Global President of the association, Dr. Henry Benyah, called on all ‘Old Saints’ in the UK to come together and support their alma mater.
On his part Vice President of Old Saints Global, Mr. Joe Honny, said plans are underway to ensure the mutual trust and benefits between the old boys and the school, is solidly established.
A number of personalities were awarded by the association for their outstanding contribution towards the school and development of the Old Saints Association.
Read also: Presec dumps two Johns from NSMQ2019
They included Mr. Francis Anglow, Dr. Henry Benyah, Mr. Nkumsah, Mr. Joe Honny, Mr. Joseph Lawrence Ashun, Professor Alexander Darku, Lawyer Francis Opoku, Henry Godson-Afful, Mr. Kofi Adda and Mr. Abraham Odoom.
The President of the UK Chapter, Emmanuel Kemevor, thanked all who in diverse ways, have supported the school and formation of the association in the UK.
He said the UK chapter has undertaken a number of projects to support the school.
The occasion was used to swear in new executives to help steer the affairs of the Chapter.
- Bantama SDA Primary Headmaster shot dead by suspected armed robbers
- Playback: Akufo-Addo delivers 25th address on measures taken against Covid-19
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- 10-year-old boy allegedly commits suicide at Dambai
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Man loses lower lip during fight with friend over GH¢18.00
- 7 people electrocuted, 5 others injured at Amanfrom
- African Ministers of Health endorse and support Africa Common Position on Covid-19 passport
- Stephen Appiah tells full story of how his son, Rodney joined Olympics
Armed men attack NPP Communicator
Akufo-Addo applauds Ghanaians for adhering to Covid-19 protocols
Ghana saved $1.4 billion from deferring 3 Power Purchasing Agreements – Energy Minister
Covid-19 pandemic- All non-essential trips to high-risk countries should be postponed – Akufo-Addo
Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
Hologram, QR Code to authenticate full vaccination status of Ghanaians
2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19- Akufo-Addo
Government is making all efforts to achieve overall vaccination target – Akufo-Addo
Playback: The Probe, discusses Ghana’s 2nd vaccine roll-out and Quest for Herd Immunity
Projects by government to solve energy crisis near completion – Matthew Opoku Prempeh
Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
Ghana spends $586m on unused electricity per year – Energy Minister
Dumsor schedule ends tomorrow, May 17; Energy Minister uncertain about extension or otherwise
Deteriorating dormitories and halls in WA SHS affecting teaching and learning – Headmaster
Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes