Africa’s leading digital TV operator StarTimes has announced that they will broadcast live the 2018–19 Copa Del Rey final between Barcelona and Valencia on May 25 2019.
StarTimes sealed a deal with the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) to acquire TV rights to the cup final.
The game scheduled to take place at the Benito Villamarín Stadium in Seville will be exclusive to World Football Channel on the StarTimes decoder and mobile App.
La Liga Champions Barcelona will be looking to seal a fifth straight success when they face off with Valencia in the final.
Valencia, on the other hand, secured Champions League football for the second year running by winning 2-0 at Real Valladolid at the weekend, clinching fourth place in La Liga at the expense of Getafe.
“We are delighted to be bringing to our subscribers the final of the Spanish football’s premier cup competition.”
“We are committed to giving our cherished subscribers more and more of great content and this is not an exception.” Director of TV StarTimes Ghana, George Lomotey said.
“I will like to take this opportunity to call on all media houses to desist from pirating the content to avoid legal actions against them. StarTimes has exclusive rights in this territory and will sue any offender who infringes upon our copyrights.”
StarTimes is the leading digital TV operator in Africa, serving nearly 20 million users with a signal covering the whole continent and a massive distribution network of 200 brand halls, 10,000 convenience stores and 15,000 distributors in 30 countries. StarTimes owns a featured content platform, with 480 authorized channels consisting of news, movies, series, sports, entertainment, children’s programs, etc. The company’s vision is “To ensure that every African family can access, afford, watch and share the beauty of digital TV”. StarTimes achieves this by combining satellite and terrestrial DTV systems as well as OTT services to provide an open and secure digital wireless platform. The company provides a robust signal transmission service for public and private broadcasters, offers consumers outstanding Pay-TV programs, online video service, terminals, door-to-door service and flexible payment. In particular, The “StarTimes ON” App provides data-saving live TV and VOD service in high definition. Find out more about StarTimes ON at startimestv.com
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- ECG recovers GHȼ18.5m out of ȼ46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Avoid mass gatherings, restrict your movements to safe areas – Ghana’s Mission in SA to Ghanaians
- Dismiss hangers-on appointees at Presidency – Asiedu Nketia tells Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- Livestream: Graphic Business/Stanbic Bank Breakfast meeting
- Namibia braces for protests on Independence Day
- Ambulance case: Our client didn’t authorise LCs – Ato Forson’s lawyers to court
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA and KFC over debt
- Don’t be deterred by criticisms – Akufo-Addo urges EC
- UPSA names new hostel after national icon Nii Amon Kotei
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- T-bills auction: Government to raise ¢3.21bn this week
- The South African choir that performed for Queen Victoria
- Stop the arrogance, downsize your government – Fifi Kwetey tells Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo’s government suffering a complete collapse of credibility – Fifi Kwetey
- Akufo-Addo’s government has been the luckiest in terms of resources, they have no excuse – Fifi Kwetey