Stephen Ayensu Ntim has been elected as the new National Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) at the just-ended National Delegates Conference of the party.
He polled 4,014 votes to beat his contenders.
Mr. Ntim has contested for the position on four previous occasions. The just-ended conference is his fifth time of trying.
He however served as the party’s first Vice Chairman between 2001 and 2005.
Mr. Ntim’s first attempt to be chairman of the party was in December 2005. His second attempt was in 2010 while his third attempt was in 2014. He again lost on the fourth attempt to Freddie Blay in 2018.
In 2005, Mr. Ntim lost to Peter Mac Manu, who was President Akufo-Addo’s campaign manager in the 2016 polls.
His second contest in 2010 ended in a loss to the late Jake Okanta Obetsebi-Lamptey and another loss to Paul Afoko in 2014.
- Footage for Akufo-Addo’s tourism video was acquired legitimately from an agency – GTA on Kirani Ayat’s theft claims
- “We shall also be blessed with Ghana Miracle” – Finance Minister speaks on economy recovery
- Finance Minister to announce 5-member committee as part of moves to protect financial system
- ‘They were cheering him’ – Okraku-Mantey on Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival
- Cocoa farmers threaten to ‘smuggle’ product to Ivory Coast if producing price is not increased
- ‘Impugning the motives of Judges is actually undermining integrity of Judiciary’ – Judges and Magistrates Association
- Kirani Ayat responds to the Ghana Tourism Authority over copyright claims
- Sim card re-registration: BoG warns Mobile Money loan defaulters to clear debt – BoG
- Full text: Ken Ofori-Atta’s statement on state of the economy
- Failure to repay mobile money loans will affect your creditworthiness – BoG warns
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- Coolio: Michelle Pfeiffer and Snoop Dogg lead tributes to Gangsta’s Paradise rapper
- Petroleum downstream industry witnesses 41% growth in Ghana – NPA Boss
- GFA suspends AshantiGold SC for dealing with banned club president and son
- Commercial banks support BoG decision to deny Mobile Money loan defaulters access to future credit
- Religious leaders demand a Non-Proliferation Treaty on fossil fuels now
- Trade Ministry reiterates commitment to promoting intra-Africa trade
- Indian Official mocks schoolgirl’s sanitary pad request
- Ghana’s return to capital market may take 3 years – Ofori-Atta
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, September 29, 2022
- ‘Marriage is not about ministry’ – Counselor tells pastors
- Gangsta’s Paradise rapper, Coolio dead at 59
- I support Kirani Ayat’s copyright case against GTA, Tourism Ministry – Sarkodie
- Measures implemented to contain cedi depreciation paying off – Government
- Merqury Republic calls for registration for 2022 Ghana DJ Clinic