Audio By Carbonatix
A strange disease, which manifests in victims suddenly becoming dizzy and then suffering a blackout has broken out at Anfoeta-Gbogame in the Ho Municipal Area.
The victims stay in coma for a while, sometimes going into spasm before regaining consciousness, but with a lingering general feeling of malaise for days.
Mr. Emmanuel Kusipe, Regent of Anfoeta-Gborgame told the Ghana News Agency that 11 people had suffered from the disease by Friday January 16, this year.
He said in one instance, two people who came to the rescue of a victim, after he had gone down twitching, also felt dizzy and collapsed.
Mr. Kusipe said the victims included both residents and visitors adding that the community was gripped by fear, especially when the condition had not been reported in any of the adjoining communities.
He said no deaths had been reported from the disease.
Adeline Klu, 45 and Mary Fiawonu, 35 both victims who spoke to the GNA said blood dripped from their noses when they regained consciousness.
Both had abrasion on the face and tongue from the fall and twitches while in coma.
Nelson Klu, Assembly Member for the Area, said a report had been made to the District Directorate of the Ghana Health Service (GHS) at Ho, where a staff promised to facilitate the dispatch of a team to find out about the disease.
Miss Veronica Ayivi, Superintendent of the Hlefi Health Centre, the nearest medical facility to the affected community said only one person reported after recovering and was treated for abrasions, chest pain and dizziness and was said to be doing well.
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Fact-check: Did GoldBod make a loss in 2025? Here’s what the records show
13 minutes -
Rev. Adzraku Kevi calls for more women in leadership
15 minutes -
Dagbon Kingdom suspends Damba Festival to honour late Overlord
17 minutes -
Harry and Meghan’s UK security arrangements remain a ‘private matter’ – Andy Burnham
22 minutes -
At least 15 killed in Kyiv as Ukraine grapples with air defence shortages
25 minutes -
Existing banking model could draw a dagger through Ghana’s 24-Hour Economy
32 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Heartbreak for Techiman SHS as Wesley High edge them by one point in prelims
36 minutes -
IES demands release of July 29 blackout report after latest nationwide outage
49 minutes -
Eastern TESCON backs Boakye Agyarko for NPP National Chairman
54 minutes -
Eduwatch demands review of BOGISS decision against 14-year-old alleged sexual abuse victim
60 minutes -
Banking sector was undercapitalised for much of decade preceding 2017 cleanup – Opoku-Afari
1 hour -
Togo charges two French journalists over incorrect documents, rights group says
1 hour -
Education Ministry condemns alleged sexual abuse of BOGISS student
1 hour -
Lawyers challenge demolition of elderly woman’s Oyarifa residence, demand formal engagement
1 hour -
Change in mode of support package for Ghanaians returning from South Africa delayed announcement – MTN Board Chairman
1 hour