The Ghana Standards Authority has granted certification to another innovative movable handwashing machine produced by Magnifico Limited in a bid to ease the washing of hands amid the Covid-19 outbreak.
The solar powered machine, named Sun Sink, offer users the opportunity to get soap and wash their hands under a tap without touching any nob and after pull a tissue and wipe their hands.
The innovation was sent to Ghana Standards Authority (GSA) for testing and licensing. The regulatory body after assessment issued a one-year renewable license which paves way for the company to go into commercial production of the product.
Managers of the company were grateful and have already put in measures to upscale the products for use.
“It should be in every office, church, company, hospital and everywhere people gather. It is simple to use and very safe to use as well.
“Regular hand washing has become a culture and we are going to live with it for a long time, therefore, this innovation will stay with us for a long time,” one of the managers, Eugene Ofori said.
The Director General of the Ghana Standard Authority, Professor Alex Dodoo urged financial institution, faith-based groups and business moguls to help finance many of the Ghanaian innovations coming up to help fight the outbreak of Covid-19.
“This is the time for churches, associations and business men to help. These innovators need angel investors to help them upscale their inventions. Government will support but to an extent,” Professor Alex Dodoo told the media.
Already, a Kumasi-based entrepreneur, Richard Kwarteng, has received certification for a solar-powered handwashing sink he produced after a thorough examination from the Ghana Standards Authority.
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Government to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ofori-Atta has more integrity than 99% of politicians I know in Ghana – Prof. Stephen Adei
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- IMF confirms Ghana’s intention to conduct debt restructuring in 2023
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- Darkovibes releases new single ‘Yao’
- Qatar 2022: Ghanaians want Black Stars to exact revenge on Uruguay
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- It’s not my fault Asamoah Gyan missed the penalty in 2010 – Luis Suarez
- Ashanti Regional Health Directorate engages stakeholders on Marburg virus prevention
- Conjugate vaccine in lessening typhoid burden in Ghana
- We still need to work hard to achieve our target – Otto Addo
- Ghana’s topmost CEOs to attend prestigious CEOs business networking cocktail
- We are working to support SMEs to leverage AfCFTA-Gender Minister
- Adidas’ in-ball sensor confirms Ronaldo didn’t score World Cup “hair goal”
- Black Adam: Dwayne Johnson offers update on Henry Cavill’s return as Superman
- Nima celebrates Mohammed Kudus with a mural
- Nigeria to push promotion of local languages at school
- How to check 2022 WASSCE provisional results – Guidelines
- Ghana suffers 7 downgrades from 3 credit ratings agencies in less than 11 months