The Sunyani Central Prisons is currently overcrowded as the facility meant for 450 inmates is hosting about 927 inmates.
This has led to the spread of some infectious diseases at the facility.
Speaking to Adom News, the Regional Chaplain of prisons, Rev. Superintendent Gideon Ndebugri, lamented that the current situation, especially in the male ward has resulted in the spread of diseases among inmates in the facility.
To him, the number of inmates this year is practically higher as compared to subsequent years, hence the need to expand the facility to accommodate the pressure.
Meanwhile, head of Life Line Chapel, Pastor Amos Asamoah, who donated some items to the inmates called on the government and other individuals to help provide the needed equipment to help train the inmates with employable skills.
This, he said will help reduce the burden on government’s shoulder with regards to unemployment in the country.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group