Audio By Carbonatix
The man suspected to have forged the signature of Minister of Energy and Petroleum, Emmanuel Armah-Kofi Buah in a multimillion dollar oil block transaction has jumped bail.
An Accra Circuit Court has ordered Tonya Abela and Godfred Apesin-aba, the two men who stood sureties for Charles Andoh, to pay the bail bond of GHÈ» 10,000 for failing to produce the accused person they had bailed.
The trial judge, Mrs. Abena Oppong Adjin- Doku, had earlier warned that the sureties risked paying the amount if they did not bring the accused person, Charles Andoh, by July 16,2014.
She said she had been marking time for the two sureties to produce the accused person but they had failed to do so.
"It is the accused person I have been marking time for you to produce; I will give you one last adjourned date," she said at that sitting.
"...If you fail to produce the accused person be prepared to pay the bail sum," warned the trial judge who appeared fed-up with the excuse of the two sureties.
Andoh is being tried for allegedly forging the signature of the Energy and Petroleum Minister. The case had seen over three adjournments.
He is alleged to have forged the signature of the Minister ceding oil block, offshore of the south of Cape Three Points, to Miura Petroleum Limited, a subsidiary of Gonguana Oil Corporation, a Canadian oil firm.
Even though the company had denied any link with the suspect, Charles Andoh, the Minister insists that Andoh forged his signature in the dubious oil block transaction.

Minister for Energy, Emmanuel Kofi-Buah
Police say since Andoh was given bail on April 17, 2014, he had never reported to the police, even though he was asked to report on daily basis.
The suspect, upon his arrest, was detained for two days and granted bail in the sum of GHȻl0,000.
Inspector William Nyadior filed an application to compel the sureties to produce the accused person. After they failed to produce him, they were also arrested and granted bail of GHÈ» l5,000 with one surety each.
Though the sureties were at the trial last Wednesday, they once again could not produce the accused person, compelling Mrs. Oppong Adjin-Doku to order them to pay the bail bond.
Latest Stories
-
Tell Your Story: Political, business and industry leaders to share journey with young Ghanaians
39 seconds -
‘Gold cannot save you at 2am’ – Obuobia Darko challenges mining giants to invest in healthcare
9 minutes -
Wontumi’s incarceration will not stop his chairmanship bid – Palgrave
18 minutes -
Eurobond borrowings over 2007-2021 used for budget financing; Ghana borrowed US$15.59bn – Opoku-Afari
22 minutes -
Newborn baby found in dustbin at Kasoa Main Station toilet
27 minutes -
Ghanaian skincare brand KAEME wins DHL ESG Excellence Exporter of the Year award
1 hour -
Ho Communique: Democracy Not for Sale
1 hour -
National Health Insurance Levy Uncapped: The Game Changer
1 hour -
Akwatia MP accuses Minority of shifting GoldBod debate from facts to personal attacks
2 hours -
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
2 hours -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
2 hours -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
2 hours -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
3 hours -
Promasidor Ghana unveils Onga Mix Tomato Paste, names Diana Hamilton brand ambassador
3 hours -
‘You admitted the loss, now account for the GH¢22bn’ – Minority hits back at GoldBod CEO
3 hours