Tema Regional Police Commander DCOP Barima Tweneboah Sasraku II has assured residents of adequate steps to deal with numerous criminal cases associated with land disputes.
He made these comments on February 3, 2021, adding that, it was time Chiefs and traditional leaders differentiated between the criminal aspect of land disputes and those that needs to be settled by the Traditional Councils.
He said the command would go hard on persons taking undue advantage of areas with land disputes to perpetrate crime – all in the name of land guards and land agents.
DCOP Sasraku II was reacting to some concerns raised by the Kpone Traditional council on the growing rate of land and boundary disputes in the area when he paid a courtesy call on the Paramount Chief Nii Tetteh Otu II.
The call by the Commander was to officially avail himself to the Kpone Overlord since assuming office sometime last year.
DCOP Barima Tweneboah Sasraku II later paid a working visit to the Kpone Katamasno Municipal Assembly where he was assured by the District Chief Executive, Solomon Tettey Appiah of his office’s readiness to support the command in any form to combat crime in the municipality.
The Regional Police Commander, also visited the B5 Group of Companies, one of the largest steel-producing companies in the region, to ascertain for himself, security issues confronting their operations.
He also visited the Kpone and Dawhenya District Police posts, where the Commander interacted with both senior and junior police officers to have first-hand information on challenges facing their operations as well as their welfare.
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Beige Bank case: Nyinaku accused of issuing misleading investment certificates to unsuspecting customers
- Ghana v Angola: Jordan Ayew, Kudus start as Chris Hughton era begins
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- Volta ECG reconnects Ho Airport, GRA, others after payments
- Afena-Gyan turns down Black Meteors invitation for AFCON qualifier against Algeria
- Proposed tax measures not new; will boost fiscal economy – Finance Ministry
- NDC flagbearership race: Kwabena Duffour submits nomination forms
- Dr. Appiahene has never been a TESCON patron – Henry Boakye debunks claims
- Nyarko is a helpless romantic in new single ‘You’
- GSE signs MoU with MIIF to increase listing of mineral companies
- Ghanaians in diaspora urged to showcase identity and culture
- We have been commended for Ashaiman invasion – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- Academic City’s Tech Expo showcases innovative technologies to drive Ghana’s agricultural industry
- Women, youth in Keta to be economically empowered – Dr Jones-Mensah
- Claim that G4O fuel sells at higher prices than other sources inaccurate- NPA
- I like performing at award events than receiving awards – Kelvynboy
- 5 ways to keep your friendships strong even when life is hectic
- Mahama wasn’t hooted at enskinment of new Yagbonwura; ignore Koku Anyidoho’s fake video – NDC
- Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde and husband celebrate 27 years of marriage
- Organ-trafficking Nigerian politician, wife found guilty
- Afcon 2023: We will ‘play to win’ against Hughton’s Ghana – Angola coach