The Council of Zongo Chiefs of Techiman says contrary to claims that the New Patriotic Party (NPP) is anti Zongos, the Akufo-Addo government has rather demonstrated commitment towards the welfare and development of Zongos.
At a grand durbar in Techiman on Thursday, which had in attendance several Techiman Zongo Chiefs and Imams, the Zongo community said they were grateful to the Akufo-Addo led government.
“Many people in Zongos were afraid of the NPP because they kept telling us the NPP is anti-Zongo and they will sack people from the Zongos if we vote for them,”Fuseini Awudu, the Mossi Chief of Techiman said on behalf of the Zongo Chiefs.
“But Allah made it possible for Nana Akufo-Addo to be elected President and Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia became the Vice President. Events have proved that it is better this happened,” he added.
“First of all, we will like to thank President Nana Akufo-Addo and Vice President Bawumia.”
“The partnership of Mahamudu Bawumia and Akufo-Addo has lifted Zongo. Zongo is changing wherever you go with development, especially in education.”
“We thank the Almighty Allah and we thank the government for its commitment to the development of Zongos.”
“We are particularly grateful to the government’s vision on education, especially Free SHS.”
The Zongo Chiefs noted that many people in the Zongos are proud of Vice President Bawumia for his contribution to the governance of the country, as well as his commitment towards the development of the people of Zongo.
“We are proud to have you and we thank you for all the support you have been giving Zongo communities.
“Many Zongos are determined to support you because of what you have been doing for the country and Zongos.
The Chiefs of Techiman Zongo assured Dr. Bawumia of their unflinching support towards the December 7 elections.
“We are proud of you and your government and we wholeheartedly support you.”
“By the will of Allah, we will be solidly behind you in the 2020 elections so that you can continue with your good works.”
Vice President Bawumia thanked the Techiman Zongo Chiefs and many other Chiefs and Imams from other Zongo communities for their support and prayers.
He reiterated President Akufo-Addo’s commitment to the development of Zongos with education and infrastructure development as key areas of interest to the government.
Dr Bawumia stated that there have been many interventions by the Akufo-Addo government in many Zongo communities such as the construction and provision of classrooms, drainage systems, access roads, ICT centres, toilets, water systems, Astro turfs and sending 40 students to Cuba to study medicine on government scholarship.
“For the first time in the history of Ghana, Zongo development is a focus in our national budget and only the government of President Akufo-Addo has done that,” Vice President Dr. Bawumia said.
- Canada implements visa-free travel for more countries excluding Ghana
- #KenMustGo: Entire caucus would’ve to take a decision on Finance Minister – Majority Leader
- I feel victimized; what wrong have I done in this country? – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- Assin North by-election: NPP elects Charles Opoku as parliamentary candidate
- Parliament approves Gertrude Torkornoo’s nomination as Chief Justice
- Nigerian states cut working week to three days
- Rwanda’s President sacks more than 200 soldiers including generals
- Our mission was successful until big-people-sponsored-companies started doing whatever they want – Prof. Frimpong on IMCIM
- Playback: Prof Frimpong-Boateng speaks about his arrest by Special Prosecutor
- If I were a thief, I would’ve been one of the richest Ghanaians – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- West Ham win Europa Conference League: ‘Moments the club and David Moyes will never forget’
- NSMQ23: Nafana Presby SHS topples Berekum SHS in tie-breaker to secure national slot
- West Ham win dramatic Europa Conference League final
- Mrs Rebecca Appiah De Graft-Johnson
- CLOGSAG declares indefinite strike action in Ho Municipal Assembly
- African Border Day: Lands Minister calls for proper management of land borders
- 2023 African Boxing Championships: Black Bombers could miss out on competition
- Ofori-Atta must be supported to fully implement IMF programme – Analysts
- Crude oil contributed 3.7% to Ghana’s GDP in 2020 – EITI Report
- U-20 WWCQ: CAF releases format and procedure for Thursday’s draw
- Ugandan president tests positive for Covid
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, June 8, 2023
- Ghana’s energy security remains our topmost priority – Energy Minister to investors in London
- I played the role of loving wife but behind closed doors, my husband’s secret was destroying me
- I am not complicit in illegal mining trade – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng