Thomas Partey will be recognised as a La Liga champion despite playing majority of the season as an Arsenal player according to Spanish football expert Guillem Balague.
The Ghanaian played three games for Atletico Madrid before moving to Arsenal in a deadline day move.
Questions have been raised on whether Partey will be recognised as a La Liga champion or not.
Speaking to Joy Sports after Atleti won the title on Saturday, Balague clarified the situation of the Ghana star.
“Yes, Thomas Partey is officially LaLiga champion. He played three games [for Atlético this season] – two [games] from the start. We don’t give medals [in LaLiga] but he is officially champion.”
This league triumph will hence go on Partey’s record as the only time he won La Liga with his former club.
Atletico Madrid snatched the league title on the final day after coming from behind to beat relegated Real Valladolid.
It’s the second time Diego Simeone has led Los Colchoneros to a La Liga title, with their last victory coming seven years ago.
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Learn your trade, don’t force a move from Ajax – Liverpool legend advises Ghana star Mohammed Kudus
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- Fire burns Madina-Ritz junction again
- Fixed investment to grow at a low 1.3% in 2023 – Fitch Solutions
- Canoe and Fishing Gear Owners Association of Ghana builds capacity of fisherfolks
- Prof. Ama Atta Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Trust Sports Emporium reiterates desire to support lesser-funded sports
- We’ll ensure Kpessa Whyte propagates integrity of the court – Law School Director
- MTN holds AGM, declares dividend of 12.4 pesewas per share
- Hohoe to host 44th NDC June 4 uprising anniversary
- NPP opens nomination for Assin North Constituency by-election
- President Tinubu tells Nigerians to stop panic-buying fuel
- Kwaku Antwi-Boasiako: Potholemics (The Economics of Potholes)
- South Africa to change law to stop arrest of Putin
- 13 die after consuming toxic porridge in Namibia
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
- Ben Roberts-Smith: How war hero’s defamation case has rocked Australia
- South Africa plans law change over Putin ICC arrest warrant