Three police officers have been remanded by a Wa circuit court to reappear on July 31, 2014 for allegedly abducting and defiling a 14-year old Primary Six pupil in the Wa municipality of the Upper West region.

The three police men who are alleged to have committed the act together with a civilian who is currently at large are said to have held the teenager between June 30 and July 5, 2014. 

More surprisingly, one of them had unprotected sex with the girl at the municipal commander’s office.

Prosecuting the case, DSP Owusu Bempah told the court that the complainant who is the biological father of the victim took her to the grandmother at Wa Zongo to spend some holidays with her since their school was on midterm break.

On June 22, 2014 the complainant went to pick his daughter from the grandmother for her to prepare for school the following morning and she was nowhere to be found.

The complainant was then hinted by one of the victim’s cousin whose name was only given as Sharika that she suspects that the victim might have been with the first accused.

Sharika then led the complainant to the house of the first accused but met neither the accused nor the victim.

DSP Owusu Bempah said the complainant and his family members continued to search for the victim and on the June 23, the victim’s uncle Felix Sibiri saw the victim with the first accused.

When the first accused saw the victim’s uncle he took his heels leaving the victim.

Felix Sibiri sent the victim to the grandmother’s place and during interview she confessed that she was with the first accused for four days and that the she had unprotected sex with him twice.

On June 24, 2014 the complainant together with the victim lodged a formal complaint against the accused.

Whilst efforts were made to apprehend the accused, the victim left the house around9:40pm and proceeded to meet the second accused Donald Appiah who took her to his house at Kpongu at the outskirts of Wa and had unprotected sex with her twice within the three days of her stay there.

At about 11am on her third day, the third accused George Tannoh visited his friend, the second accused. Tannoh gave out his motorbike to send the victim to her house at Wa Zongo but the third accused rather took the victim to his house at the Wa main police barracks and had unprotected sexual intercourse with her.

The victim passed the night at the third accused room and left the following morning but failed to go home.

On the July 5 2014 the victim decided to visit the third accused again but met his absence. On her return she was called by the fourth accused Joseph Kwakor at the police canteen. The fourth accused asked her to stand by his car and she obliged.

He then went in to the Charge Office for the key to the Wa Municipal commander’s office, lured the victim to the office, had unprotected sex with her after which gave her 10 Ghana Cedis.

DSP Bempah concluded that the father and complainant reported to the police later in the night that the victim was found loitering around the Wa polytechnic road.

 The police went there, saw the victim, and escorted her to the police station. Upon investigation she mentioned the four accused persons as the people she was with between June 30 and July 5, 2014.

With the first accused now at large, the second accused pleaded guilty whilst the third and fourth accused persons pleaded not guilty.

The Wa Circuit Court judge, His Honour, Isaac Bright Akwantey had no option than to remand the trio to reappear on July 31, 2014.

But for the second accused Donald Appiah he will be coming for pronouncement of verdict on his  guilty plea entered at the court.