SUPREME COURT ORDERS EC: GIVE SIGNED RESULTS TO PARTY AGENTS
The Supreme Court has directed the Electoral Commission to furnish agents of political parties with collation sheets containing signed declared results for presidential and parliamentary elections.
CURRENT POWER OUTAGES NOT DUMSOR – ECG
The ECG has declared that the current power outages are not indications of power crisis or the return of load shedding, otherwise known as ‘dumsor’.
ASANTEMAN BLAMES EC FOR PROLIFERATION OF POLITICAL PARTIES
The Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, has said the failure of the EC to enforce the Political Parties Law, Act 574, has encouraged the proliferation of parties which do not meet legal requirements.
ILLEGAL ARMS: 4 REGIONS EXPOSED
The three Northern Regions and the Ashanti Region have been identified as the hub for the haulage of large cache of illegal weapons in the country with the Ashanti Region serving as a major user and transit point across the country and beyond, a baseline study on the proliferation of small arms in the country has revealed.
WOMEN NEARING EQULITY WITH MEN IN ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION
Women have all but caught up with men at knocking back alcohol, a global study of drinking habits shows.
EC FLOORED AT SUPREME COURT OVER COLLATION AND PINK SHEETS
Moves to have credible, free and fair elections on December 7 received a major boost yesterday when the Supreme Court directed the EC to supply all contesting political parties and candidates with Constituency Collation Sheets after the polls.
KONADU THROWN OUT
An Accra High Court yesterday dismissed the application for judicial review and enforcement of fundamental human rights filed against the EC by former First Lady Nana Konadu Agyeman Rawlings.
RAWLINGS REJECTS $20,000 GOLD AWARD
Former President Jerry John Rawlings has declined the offer to join the league of recipients for this year’s national honours, Daily Guide.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
Dr Prince Hamid Armah: Exploring Akufo-Addo’s commitment to education; Policy, spending, and outcomes
Politicisation of security agencies a major problem – Sam George
Museveni takes oath for 6th term
Ghana has not done enough to get girls out of the streets – Development consultant
China’s population grows to 1.41 billion people
Uganda deploys troops ahead of Museveni inauguration
Banks cannot be blamed for not accepting new Voter ID cards – Association of Bankers
9-year-old boy dies after being ‘struck by lightning’ on football field
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Worlasi releases song for #FixTheCountry campaign
Senior veep of Zipline Africa lauds Ghana for setting pace in adoption of medical drone technology
PFAG trains Farmers at Fumbisi in bush fire prevention
Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures