Former midfielder returns to Spurs to become Andre Villas-Boas’s number two.
Tottenham Hotspur have announced the appointment of Steffen Freund as their assistant head coach.
The former Germany international has become Andre Villas-Boas’s second-in-command in a new coaching set-up that includes first team fitness coach Jose Mario Rocha, head of opposition scouting Daniel Sousa, first team coach Luis Martins and goalkeeping coach Tony Parks.
Freund is no stranger to White Hart Lane, having spent five seasons as a Tottenham player between 1998 and 2003 during which time he helped the Barclays Premier League side win the 1999 League Cup and achieved such a cult following he was inducted into the club’s Hall of Fame.
The 42-year-old, who collected a winner’s medal at the UEFA European Championship in 1996, made 120 appearances for Spurs after signing from Borussia Dortmund.
Freund’s coaching career has taken in spells with the German national side at Under-16, Under-17 and Under-20 level and the former midfielder also served as assistant coach to Berti Vogts for the Nigerian national side.
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- E-levy: GRA blames charging entities for wrongful deductions
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Auctioning of vehicles at Tema Port to go online by end of October, 2022- GRA
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to go broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- UTAG, 3 university labour unions to strike on October 13
- Morocco issues first cannabis production permits
- Ukraine’s uphill battle to gain Africa’s support
- Victims of human trafficking need adequate information on the issue – Media consultant
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable -Dr. Acheampong
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Scientists, policy makers to benefit from KNUST’s Building Stronger Universities project
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line in the sea for 9 years
- We are determined to build trustworthy and robust institutions – Chief Justice assures
- B. A. Mensah: Ghanaians are about to get a break from the fuel crisis
- Playback: PM Express discusses Ghana’s unsustainable debt levels and impact on IMF negotiations
- I will deal with government officials found complicit in galamsey activities – Akufo-Addo
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu, Bessa Simons, Spiky, others confirmed as speakers for 2022 Ghana DJ Clinic
- Nigerian singer Asa threatens Joeboy with copyright lawsuit, demands ₦300m
- In pictures: Fate of Mallam-Gbawe municipality flood victims hangs in the balance as water level remains high