Members of Parliament of the ruling New Patriotic Party in the Greater Accra region have petitioned the national leadership of the party over what they termed “increasing turmoil in the region.”
The MPs are seeking the intervention of the national leadership to resolve the misunderstanding between them and the regional executives.
Joy News has learnt that the petition contains a detailed account of the kind of turmoil in each of the constituencies. The 11 legislators who have signed the petition believe that the regional leadership is to blame for the conflict in some of the constituencies in the region.
At least three constituencies; Okaikoi South, Ablekuma South and Tema East are said to be the trouble areas. As a result, constituency chairmen are said to have suspended two of the party’s sitting MPs from attending executive meetings. The two are Theresa Amerley Tagoe, MP for Ablekuma South and Nana Akomea, MP for Okaikoi South.
Speaking to Joy News, Nana Akomea says the kind of situation that exists in the party in the region now is unprecedented. He blamed it on the leadership style of the Regional Chairman, Mr Samuel Crabbe.
“There is a certain leadership profile which has given the various constituency chairmen powers that they do not have and in trying to exercise those powers it has generated problems,” he said.
Meanwhile, Mr. Crabbe has declined to comment on the matter except to say he is acting in accordance with the party’s constitution and would not be distracted by the wrangling from a few people.
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
eTranzact secures Enhanced PSP license from BoG
Man remanded for defiling 3-year-old girl
Linda Dor stopover becomes hell for passengers as thieves raid VIP bus
Government interest costs on domestic borrowings fall again; T-Bills target also drops 6.6%
National Peace Council commends GAF for ensuring peace during elections 2020
Set aside 90-day jail term and fine me – Poloo to High Court
GNFS begins investigations into fire outbreak at Kumasi Central Market
Ablekuma South has created an enabling environment for business growth – Dr Vanderpuije
Thousands of people evacuated as wildfires spread across Table Mountain in Cape Town
1 dead, others missing after Santoor flood
Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
More apprentices write COTVET exams in Bono Region
Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
‘A spit in the face of football lovers’ – Uefa boss condemns European Super League plans
GRIDCo releases excess fibre capacity to CSquared for broadband distribution