The 85-year-old former CNN host filed for divorce from Shawn King, 59, in Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday, according to paperwork obtained by CNN.
The pair married on September 5, 1997, and their date of separation is listed as June 6, 2019, in the filing.
The request for divorce cites irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split.
This union marks King’s eighth marriage to seven women. He was wed to former wife Alene Akins twice.
He and Shawn King have two sons, Chance, 20, and Cannon, 19.
It’s the second time Larry King has sought to end the marriage.
He filed for divorce from the former singer and TV presenter back in 2010 but withdrew his petition after the pair reconciled.
Over the weekend he tweeted a photo with his sons. “I’m so proud of my boys…,” King wrote in the tweet.
CNN has reached out to reps for the couple for comment. As of early Wednesday, neither had commented on social media about the filing.
- NSMQ 2021: When Prof Kaufmann was left speechless by Ketasco’s Bright Senyo
- As it happened: NSMQ 2021 – Presec, Ketasco and Prempeh College battled for trophy
- Parliament rejects 2022 budget
- Playback: NSMQ 2021 – Presec, Prempeh and Ketasco battle for trophy and glory
- NSMQ 2021: And God rested on the ‘Seven’ day to ‘Glory5’ Prempeh College
- Speaker suspends sitting over Majority Caucus’ absence in the chamber
- You lament over 1.75% levy, but not paying taxes – Ofori-Atta to 60,000 professionals, others
- 7 vehicles crash at Achimota dual carriage
- ‘BoG has lost focus’; it’s to be blamed for high lending rates – Togbe Afede
- Police publish list of 5 wanted vehicles for flouting road regulations
Cargill commissions $13m cocoa processing plant expansion in Tema
NPP will not shy away from unpopular decisions – John Boadu
Speaker’s ruling on 2022 budget has no binding effect on Parliament – Majority Leader
The last time a national budget was rejected in Ghana
Majority stages walkout over approval of 2022 budget
We’ll not tolerate any disrespect from Speaker – Majority Leader after walkout
‘Parliament hasn’t constitutionally rejected our budget’ – K.T Hammond
Police prevents #FixTheCountry protestors from presenting petition on 2022 Budget to Parliament
Bank of Ghana signs historic MoU with Bank of Mauritius
279 Ghanaians, 107 foreigners arrested in a joint security operation in 5 regions of the North
NSMQ 2021: 6 things we learned as Presec fails back-to-back bid
Speaker committed to seeking the best interest of citizens
NSMQ2021: Social media reacts to Prempeh catapulting decapitated Presec back to Accra
‘FixTheCountry protestors tore the petition; we never received it” – Majority leader
NSMQ 2021: And God rested on the ‘Seven’ day to ‘Glory5’ Prempeh College