Two UK-based men of God have been named in this year’s Africa Legendary Award for Ministers of the Gospel.
They are Bishop Emmanuel Owusu-Ansah (Ghanaian) of Kingdom Life Ministry and Pastor Alex Omokudu (Nigerian) of Victorious Pentecostal Assembly,
Board members of African Heroes Foundation International voted to award the honour in recognition of the two "outstanding, dedication and contributions of the preachers toward God's Kingdom and humanity, by using their executive offices to extend charity hands to the widow, poor and needy in the African society over the past years."
Madam Priscilla Asante, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of African Heroes Foundation International, who announced the prestigious award Monday, said the board arrived at the decision after a thorough selection process.
According to her, previous recipients of the award include the Presiding Archbishop Nicholas Duncan Williams, General Overseer of the Action Chapel International (ACI) ministry; Prophet Victor Kusi Boateng, Founder and General Overseer of Power Chapel Cathedral; and Reverend Victor Osei, Founder and General Overseer of Family Chapel International.
Others include Dr Osei Kwame of Despite Group, Nana Owusu Asante, CEO of First Eye Group of Companies as well as the Ashanti Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Mr. Bernard Antwi Boasiako aka 'Wontumi';, Dr Kwaku Oteng of Angel Group of Companies and Dr Ofori Sarpong of Special Ice Drinks fame.
She stated that the nominees had indicated their happiness to accept the awards, which event is scheduled to come off at the end of July in UK.
Mad. Asante noted that the award is meant to encourage the Ministers to continuously propagate the Gospel of Christ and lead the charge to influence society and shape lives for Africa's development.
The award ceremony is coming shortly after a similar one organized by the Foundation to honour 12 entrepreneurs in recognition of their contribution towards sustainable development in Ghana.
- Ashanti NSS boss insults nurse for suggesting a change in prescription
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo: The day Kudus shone, in Jordan’s shadow
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Cedi to witness mixed performance this week
- ‘Don’t abuse your child out of frustration of current economic woes’
- Far-right killer stabbed in South African prison
- Nigeria police chief sentenced to three months in jail
- Martin A.B.K. Amidu: Games in Parliament – Speaker and Minority’s motion of censure
- Five remanded over unlawful possession of police uniforms, weapons
- Actionaid Ghana raises concern over the continued reduction in kindergarten education budget
- 2023 Budget: Certain difficult choices have to be made – Prof. Turkson
- Elderly persons need sex too – Gynecologist
- Government must exempt health sector from public sector employment freeze – GMA
- 2022 FIFA WC: “No time for revenge, qualification is key” – Andre Ayew
- Lack of support affecting mental health conditions – MindFreedom Ghana
- Who determines what is critical in this country? – TUC on public sector employment freeze
- 2023 Budget: Today’s debate to focus on Trade, Energy, Communications and Roads
- TUC has never supported government going to the IMF – Joshua Ansah
- Court remands trader for defrauding entrepreneurs