Armed robbers have turned their guns on motorists who ply the Airport Hills overpass near Burma Camp in Accra.
According to reports, they rob motorists of their valuables due to the absence of street lights on the stretch which connect traffic-prone Spintex road to Teshie through Burma Camp and La.
An uber driver, Enoch Lamptey, shared how he escaped a similar robbery attack at the Airport Hills overpass on Adom FM’s Dwaso Nsem programme, Wednesday.
According to him, two young men started pelting stones at his car in the middle of the road around 10:30 pm Saturday evening and he had to speed up to escape an attack.
“The stones hit my glass but I sped off so the passenger and myself escaped unhurt. I parked at Palace Mall to check the extent of damage done to my car,” he stated.
He said while checking his car, residents in the area also complained about the incessant attacks on motorists on the stretch.
“There is no street light on the road so it makes it impossible for drivers to see danger ahead. I have vowed not to ply that route in the evening,” he added.
He appealed to the government to fix the street lights to avert such unfortunate incidents.
- 2 tigers belonging to businessman Freedom Jacob Caesar scare Ridge residents
- Achimota Forest saga: We have suffered ‘grave historical injustice’ – Owoo family
- Having sexual intercourse while standing can cause stroke – Health experts warn
- Achimota forest saga: Owoo family was compensated with £4000 in 1951 – Inusah Fuseini
- Why #DampareMustGo is trending on Twitter
- Hospital dismisses claims of Osinachi’s corpse singing ‘Ekwueme’ at night
- Medical Director robbed while conducting surgery
- My last birthday gift to my husband was sex
- ‘Everything I have done, I inherited it’ – Abu Jinapor on Achimota Forest declassification
- ‘Until AshGold and Kotoko play, no other match will be played’ – Nana Yaw Amponsah
Roads Minister fumes over shoddy work done on Nsuotem Bridge in Efigya Kwabre North district
Education must be holistic to cover all aspects of life – Presby Church Moderator
Livestream: PM Express Business Edition discusses the cost of doing business
GPHA congratulates Director-General on his election as IAPH Vice President, African region
Too much intake of salty foods is detrimental to your health – Health expert
Leveraging technology to improve accessibility for the hearing impaired – Vodafone Super Care
Bulgarian Embassy demolition: Parliament will demand a copy of 149-paged report – Ablakwa
Hearing loss prevalent among children in Asokore Mampong municipality – research shows
6-year-old Nayram Gadegbeku opens up on experience at 2022 Barcelona Open
It’s time to outrightly ban return of state lands to allodial owners – Ablakwa
Nana Frema Busia: Agyapa Again?
It’s about time – Sarkodie and R2Bees to hold concert in New York
‘Ghanaian film editors are not efficient enough’ –Yvonne Nelson
MSMEs are key to economic growth in the CommonWealth – CWEIC CEO
Kwabena Agyepong denies receiving car bribe from Ibrahim Mahama to keep NPP in opposition