Versatile midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah has been hit by yet another injury barely a month after making a return from the sidelines.
The former Udinese man regained full fitness three weeks ago after a long injury layoff but he is believed to have picked a fresh injury in the
Bianconeri’s Coppa Italia win over Inter on Wednesday where he lasted the entire duration of the game.
Asamoah complained of a problem in his right thigh after the game and it is feared he could have suffered a thigh muscle injury.
He is expected to undergo a scan to determine the extent of the injury.
The Ghana international, who has been capped 66 times by the Black Stars, was ruled out of the 2015 AFCON in Equatorial Guinea due to a knee injury which took him out for action for nearly one year.
Asamoah is yet to feature under Ghana coach Avram Grant and this fresh injury could hamper any chances of his first appearance under the Israeli as Ghana prepare to host Mozambique in a 2017 AFCON qualifier in March.
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoyFMSports. Our hashtag is #JoySports
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- Ayew brothers dropped as Inaki Williams starts for Black Stars in Nicaragua clash
- 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering student tells story of how he begged for a plate of food
- Aisha Huang denied bail again as judge calls on judiciary to help save water bodies
- Fatawu Issahaku scores debut goal as Black Stars record narrow win over Nicaragua
- Luv News uncovers degradation of Tano Nimri Forest Reserve
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Pressure mounts on government to scrap SIM re-registration deadline
- Kirani Ayat calls out Akufo-Addo, Tourism Ministry after promo video featured shots from his ‘Guda’ visuals
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- Reach out, show love and compassion to the needy – KABAKA Foundation chairman
- Over 1000 children at Tepa enjoy free NHIS registration
- NDC dissociates itself from Akufo-Addo’s booing; says incident reflects mood of Ghanaians
- Four envoys present credentials to President Akufo-Addo
- We are receiving threats of contract termination – School Feeding Caterers
- IMF sounds alarm on UK tax cut plans
- Malawi’s John Chilembwe gets statue in London’s Trafalgar Square
- Medical and Dental Council’s directive only applies to students who are yet to graduate – Dr. Banyubala
- We provided opportunities for medical students from Ukraine to enroll in Ghanaian universities – Dr. Banyubala
- Galamsey takes over rice farms in Upper Denkyira East
- Claims GNPC is causing financial loss to the state in Genser deal misleading – Deputy Energy Minister
- The Council from 2017 had issues with medical training from certain parts of the world – Dr. Banyubala
- Police investigate drowning of Officer at Sefwi Amoaya
- Bui Power Authority committed to harnessing football talents within its enclave – Management
- Andre Ayew becomes Ghana’s joint most capped player alongside Asamoah Gyan