North Tongu MP Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa has disclosed that US authorities have commenced investigations into the activities of the US-incorporated National Cathedral of Ghana and Bible Museum Foundation, Inc.
According to him, they are investigating alleged breaches of their tax laws and other matters.
“I can assure you that the US authorities have commenced investigations,” he said in an interview with TV3 on Monday.
The lawmaker has also alleged in a Facebook post on Monday, May 8, 2023, as part of his latest epistle on the National Cathedral project, that Directors of US-incorporated National Cathedral of Ghana and Bible Museum Foundation, Inc. have not filed their annual tax returns.
Mr Ablakwa says this has persisted since their effective incorporation on May 3, 2021.
He noted that not-for-profit organisations that practice transparency and accountability and do not divert funds for personal gain would have no difficulty filing their returns, but those that engage in illicit activities, such as money laundering, are more likely to be delinquent.
Mr Ablakwa has warned that if the National Cathedral of Ghana and Bible Museum Foundation, Inc. fail to submit their annual tax returns, the tax-exempt status of the organisation could be revoked.
He urges the Foundation to ensure that the necessary paperwork is completed and filed without delay.
The Ranking Member on Parliament’s Foreign Affairs Committee found it questionable that “despite retaining an expensive, or more accurately put, an extortionist $6 million ‘Consultant for the USA’ (per documents submitted to Parliament) in the person of Cary Lee Summers, he operates from a dilapidated warehouse and not the advertised Nehemiah Group.”
- Leaked tape scandal: Supt. George Asare invites 3 witnesses to testify against IGP
- Radio Ada journalist on trial over publication of fake news about McDan is dead
- Kwame Dadzie: Our celebrities should stage ‘demo’ on creative arts matters too
- Tigst Assefa smashes world marathon record in Berlin, Eliud Kipchoge achieves record fifth win
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo