Vivo Energy Ghana ( Shell licensee) has donated some Personal Protective Equipment (PPES) to the National Covid-19 Management Team to help frontline workers especially those who work in the health sector in the fight against the outbreak.
They include 4000 Examination and surgical gloves, 1000 N95 Respirators, 1000 Goggles, and 500 Coveralls.
Presenting the items, the Managing Director of Vivo Energy Ghana, Ben Hassan Ouattara lauded government’s efforts in providing PPEs to all health sectors and promised that their outfit will also continue to support the government.
“In line with our vision of becoming Africa’s most respected energy business, we have been at the forefront of supporting the government’s efforts in fighting COVID-19 through our community investment initiatives.
“We funded an e-learning application for our students at home and donated hand sanitizers and liquid soaps to some major bus terminals and our retail stations”, he said.
Mr Ouattara added, “to ensure the decentralization of our Covid-19 prevention support, the company together with its retail business partners has launched the Retailer Sustainability Programme to ensure that our communities get the needed resources to fight Covid-19.”
The Coordinator of the National Covid-19 Management Team, Dr. Ali Samba who received the items expressed his appreciation and commendation to the management and staff of Vivo Energy Ghana for the gesture.
“On behalf of the team, we wish to express our profound gratitude to you for this timely and much needed intervention. We are excited about these items and we wish other organisations will continue to follow this gesture to ensure that we have more PPEs to protect our frontline workers,” he said.
Dr. Samba advised everyone to observe the safety protocols and the President’s directives on the lock down.
- EC member dragged to Supreme Court over alleged NPP affiliation
- Canada implements visa-free travel for more countries excluding Ghana
- #KenMustGo: Entire caucus would’ve to take a decision on Finance Minister – Majority Leader
- I feel victimized; what wrong have I done in this country? – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- Assin North by-election: NPP elects Charles Opoku as parliamentary candidate
- Parliament approves Gertrude Torkornoo’s nomination as Chief Justice
- Rwanda’s President sacks more than 200 soldiers including generals
- Livestream: Prof Frimpong-Boateng speaks about his arrest by Special Prosecutor
- Government sends proposal on debt restructuring to official creditors
- The tables will turn one day – Prof Frimpong-Boateng reminds those in power
- U-20 WWCQ: CAF releases format and procedure for Thursday’s draw
- Ugandan president tests positive for Covid
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, June 8, 2023
- Ghana’s energy security remains our topmost priority – Energy Minister to investors in London
- I played the role of loving wife but behind closed doors, my husband’s secret was destroying me
- I am not complicit in the illegal mining trade – Prof. Frimpong Boateng
- Why he keeps you around even if he doesn’t want a relationship
- Woman dies after eating poisoned chocolates sent by her ex-boyfriend’s Jealous lover
- Rwandan President Kagame sacks military top brass
- Tunisian black women: ‘My skin colour says I don’t belong’
- Nigerian states cut working week to three days
- I did my job; I tried to make Ghana a better place – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- Burning Changfans alone will not halt illegal mining – Prof. Frimpong
- Our mission was successful until big-people-sponsored-companies started doing whatever they want – Prof. Frimpong on IMCIM
- Akufo-Addo is not petty; my relationship with him is still cordial – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng