Vodafone Ghana has pledged its unflinching support for the sport of golf in the country.
Chief Executive Officer, Kyle Whitehill said his outfit is in talks with the Professional Golfers Association to chart a new path for the sport in the coming year.
Speaking to Myjoyonline.com on Saturday during the Vodafone organized interactive Golf Tournament held at the Celebrity Golf Club in Sakumono, Mr. Kyle said his outfit is already supporting activities of both the Achimota and Celebrity Golf Clubs and hopes to establish the sport nationwide in the coming years.
“The golf in Ghana has a great opportunity to be bigger and Vodafone would like to support golf in Ghana to be bigger than it is today,” he said.
The competition was open to its executives, enterprising teams and a cross section of its customers.
Commenting on the competitiveness of the telecom industry in the country, Mr. Kyle noted that Ghana is perhaps the most competitive telecom market place in the world.
“It is a very competitive market place. I think it is probably one of the most competitive telecoms market places in the world.
“And at the moment I think there are some very fine networks here and I think you will continue to see great products and great charges for the customers,” he said.
Guoshi Daniel scored 40 points to win Group A of the men’s division beating Kweku Okyere 39, K Krundu, 38, to second and third places respectively.
In Group B, Chief Finance Officer of MTN, Gunter Engling was in ‘enemy territory’ but won the group beating Adrian B to second position.
In the women’s Group A division, Joyce Arkutu and Esther Antwi occupied the first and second positions, whilst Vivian Dick from the Kumasi golf club emerged tops in Group B, beating Amoah G to second position.
For lovers and connoisseurs of golf who are concerned about the handicaps of the various competitors, it was for ‘good reasons’ ignored.
Only a few were professional golfers and played below a handicap of 18.
The word handicap was out of coverage area.
Story by Nathan Gadugah/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Trevor Noah is leaving ‘The Daily Show’
- Afghan blast kills 19 teenagers sitting practice exam
- Edmund Addo returns to Sheriff Tiraspol after botched summer transfer
- Chinese employer who allegedly slashed throat of Ghanaian employee to be arraigned today
- Elikem Asenath Naa Obiorkor Commey
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- King Charles III: New coins featuring monarch’s portrait unveiled
- Africa’s biotechnology heroes celebrated on OFAB Day
- Queen Elizabeth II died of “old age” – Death certificate reveals
- Uganda gives green light to organ transplants
- Peace deal’ signed by Nigerian presidential rivals
- $100m of Ghana’s oil money unaccounted for – Minority raises alarm
- Mozambique police urges ‘knives and machetes’ war on jihadists
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 3 more people