The newly sworn in Inspector General of Police (IGP), Dr George Akuffo Dampare has promised to turn the Police Service into a world-class institution during his tenure of office.
He acknowledged though that, this assurance could only be fulfilled if the people of Ghana give him the necessary support and backing. Dr Dampare was glad that President Akufo-Addo has already set the pace for what is needed to be done.
“We would be able to leave the Police Service better than we came to find it. So that at the end of the day, if we leave the Service and we are passing by and we see Police people doing the excellent job, we will be proud and tell ourselves within, without anybody hearing, that yes, we also contributed and as a result of that, we are seeing a different Police Service,” he said.
Dr George Akuffo Dampare made the promise in his acceptance speech after he was sworn into office at the Jubilee House on Friday.
He added that, “even if we are unable to take it to that destination, we at this time will position the organization towards that destination such that there would be no turning back and I know it is doable because anything that you put your mind to, your heart to and you stay focused to, it will definitely come to pass.”
“And our vision has been to become a world class Police Institution. Mr President, we’re poised, we’re focused and attaining that. We know it is not going to be easy, but my colleagues and I have made our mind,” he added.
He noted that the focus of the Police Service is to become the most respected Organisation in the country and to serve as a reference point for Africa and beyond.
“We know that if we succeed in doing that, then at the end of the day, we will get our respect back as an institution, the trust and confidence of the people will come back to us in the force. That will help us to deepen our legitimacy and it is something that we will be proud of, if we are able to achieve,” he stated.
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Claims that female babies develop speech faster than males is a myth – Language Therapist
- Consensus key to sustainability of the debt exchange programme – ISSER to government
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Mozambique ex-president’s son, others jailed for 12 years for corruption
- GWCL to cut water supply to parts of Accra
- Philip Afeti Korto: Grey hair, a sign of wisdom or ageing?
- Busy Signal to perform at Stonebwoy’s Bhim Concert in Ghana
- Government plan to cut interest costs gets pushback from local funds
- Vodafone scoops 5 honours at National Communications Awards
- Oxford University partners Ghana Gold Expo to promote CSR
- Stars in Worship 2022: A night of pure worship and gifts
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- Ghana to host 1st Ultimate Entrepreneur Competition
- Belgium’s Eden Hazard announces international retirement
- World Lottery boss, other global lottery leaders in Ghana for ‘NLA@60’