In an effort to keep the continent and Ghana’s burgeoning technology sector at the forefront of innovation, a two-part panel will be held in Accra to explore the impact and potential of blockchain technology in Africa.
Hosted by the newly formed Ghana Unity DAO, a digitally-native network of entrepreneurs and evangelists with a shared mission to foster community in Ghana and neighbouring countries, the event will feature several prominent leaders across policy, technology, and education including Jake Bediako (Head of Youth Engagement, The Ghana Presidency), Barima Agyei (Co-Founder, Float), Ken Agyapong Jnr. (Co-Founder, Afrochella), and Mandy Nyarko (Co-Founder, Start-Up Discovery School).
Both panels will be moderated by Lady Dentaa Amoateng MBE with a keynote address from Yaw Afriyie (Deputy CEO, Ghana Investment Promotion Centre). Invited by Del Titus Bawuah and Alhassan Shabazz, founding members of the Ghana Unity DAO, Zi Wang will be in attendance representing Harmony.
The panels are the beginning of a broader initiative to build an accessible and inclusive digital ecosystem led by Ghana-based thought leaders and stakeholders. Building the bridge between Silicon Valley and Accra will require the collaborative efforts of local web3 enthusiasts like Kwame A. A. Poku and established veterans like Ben Boateng (Senior Partner, Monument Corporate Finance)– both are speakers on the second panel.
Harmony is committed to radical social change and authentic connection with Africa’s boldest innovators. Ultimately, beyond conversation, creative collaboration with Ghana’s youth and seasoned leaders alike for action-oriented outcomes will propel the nation’s vision for a tech-led future.
The Ghana Unity DAO is a Decentralised Autonomous Organisation focused on funding and developing Web 3 in Ghana through education, community, and economic development.
They have received $1 million USD to establish launch initiatives with the local community and the panel is the first of many events to come including a Technology Summit in June.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Herbert Mensah receives rousing welcome after Rugby Africa Election win
- Proposed tax measures not new; to boost fiscal economy – Finance Ministry
- My vision is to become a servant for Keta and help with development – Dr Kojo Mensah
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- Quick Angels supports 10 entrepreneurs with ¢25,000 each
- Should ECG stop revenue mobilisation exercise?
- Licensing cybersecurity professionals is critical – Antwi-Boasiako
- KNUST SRC to create permanent seat for disabled students
- Things we do to escape the economic hardship
- Fred Nuamah suspects foul play amid struggle to file nomination forms
- I didn’t intend to mock ‘adowa’ music in Amerado beef song – Lyrical Joe
- Chris Hughton reveals AFCON target ahead of Angola tie
- ‘Hatred or truth’ – Woman’s message to son’s girlfriend shocks social media users
- AFCON 2023Q: Mohammed Salisu only fitness doubt ahead of Angola clash
- Directing CID to probe Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ claims could be plot to clear officials of wrongdoing – Dr Apaak