Audio By Carbonatix
A woman rescued her husband from a tiger attack by hitting the beast over the head with a soup ladle.
The big cat pounced on Tambun Dedin while he was hunting squirrels near his home in northern Malaysia.
Luckily for the rodent catcher his 55-year-old wife Han Besau heard his screams and ran to his rescue.
Armed with just a wooden spoon she had been using to cook soup, she bashed the tiger over the head, causing it to flee.
Speaking from hospital where he was being treated for cuts Tambun paid tribute to his brave wife.
He said: "I was terrified and I used all my strength to punch the animal in the face, but it would not budge."
Tambun explained he had tried to climb a tree to try to escape but the tiger had dragged him down.
He added: "I had to wrestle with it to keep its jaws away from me, and it would have clawed me to death if my wife had not arrived."
Local wildlife officials said rangers planned to track down the tiger and chase it deeper into the jungle where it would not pose a threat to people.
Source: orange.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
2 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
3 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
3 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
3 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
3 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
3 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
3 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
3 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
3 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
3 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
3 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
4 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
4 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
4 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
4 hours