The winner of the Young Professional of the Year, Mr. Sylvanus Bedzrah has dedicated his award to the management of Airtel.
Mr. Bedzrah won the award at the recent Youth Excellence Awards in Accra.
He dedicated the award to Airtel in appreciation of the support and exposure Airtel gave him by publishing his book titled, “The Bloody Ingrate” under the “Airtel Touching Lives TV Reality Show” which ran in 2010.
Mr. Bedzrah said “I am grateful to Airtel for sponsoring a programme like Touching Lives which empowered people with great ideas to make a meaningful impact in the lives of others around them and largely their communities. Personally, it gave me a solid foundation and that is what has brought me this far.”
The Head of Corporate Communications and External Affairs of Airtel Ghana, Mr. Donald Gwira said “It’s refreshing to see our initiative turn lives around and propel people to new heights. It makes life more meaningful and that is what Corporate Social Responsibility means to us as a company.”
He said empowerment was Airtel’s trademark and the company would continue to employ much more helpful approaches to change the lives of Ghanaians.
Mr. Bedzrah was accompanied by Mr. Ernest Davids, CEO of Waves International, the organization behind the awards.
Source: Adom News/Ghana
- Number 12: Sannie Daara cleared of wrongdoing, GFA free to re-appoint him
- Osinachi’s husband charged with homicide
- Come and account for Covid-19 expenditure – Bagbin directs Ofori-Atta
- ‘I will never do that, I did not come to this country to do that’ – Education Minister denies misapplying $1.2 million
- GES did not undertake $1.2 million ‘phantom’ training under my watch – Matthew Opoku Prempeh
- NPP regional elections: 6 ‘suspicious’ persons arrested in Northern Region
- Today’s front pages: Friday, May 27, 2022
- 10-bedroom apartment burnt in Thursday afternoon fire in Kumasi
- Privileges Committee fails to meet Henry Quartey
- Mr Ibu hospitalised again
Accountability will suffer if Parliament is not financially independent – Research Analyst
AfDB’s $1.2bn food crisis support is wholly inadequate – Northern Development and Democratic Institute
We should spend time to tell our stories – CSIR D-G to staff
Diamond Cement Group rewards customers, distributors
Develop rural communities to prevent indigenes from accepting offers from terrorists – GNAT to government
Effects of terrorism do not respect national borders – UNDP Ghana
Man arrested with weapon during NPP’s Savannah Regional elections
10k women in Ghana and Nigeria to benefit from mPharma’s free cervical cancer tests, treatment
New Music: Medikal writes a ‘Letter to My Ex’, Bisa Kdei, Kweku Smoke, Joe Mettle drop songs
Empress Gifty made ambassador for ‘See Something Say Something’ terrorism awareness campaign
MTN Ghana to hold 4th AGM virtually on May 30￼
The Tony Elumelu Foundation has transformed the face of entrepreneurship – Mrs Ugochukwu
I didn’t love my husband as much once we had kids
Why the ‘other woman’ isn’t always to blame
‘Any politician looting state properties is a disgrace to our democracy’ – Sam George