Ghana joins the rest of the world to celebrate the dynamic, resourceful and hardworking young citizens as the world mark International Youth Day.
The Day creates the opportunity to acknowledge young peoples’ voices, actions and initiatives, as well as their meaningful, universal and equitable engagement.
Over the past three years, Young Diplomats of Ghana has been at the forefront of the youth day celebrations in the country through its Ghana Youth Meeting and International Youth Day Debate programme held at the World Bank.
This year, the YDG dedicated the day to health workers at the frontline of Ghana’s battle against Covid-19 pandemic.
With inspiration from the 2020 youth day global theme; “Youth Engagement for Global Action”, the focus is to mobilise delegates and Alumni community to join the covid-19 fight through the YDG COVID-19 Education Campaign.
The campaign which is in two phases involves the creation of short educative videos in various Ghanaian languages, English and French, to address misconceptions and myths about the coronavirus, and also to highlight Ghana Health Services’ approved preventive measures.
Currently, group is working with some regional NGOs to ensure that the videos are widely circulated to reach many citizens in the 16 regions of the country.
The second phase involves an ambitious distribution of five million personal protective equipment and bottles of alcohol-based hand sanitisers to the general public.
The focus and target beneficiaries include our traders, head potters at the central business districts, drivers and bus conductors, as well as many inhabitants of slums across the country.
This is to ensure that all Ghanaians abide by government’s directive and mandatory wearing of face mask in all public places.
On the occasion of International Youth Day 2020, the Young Diplomats of Ghana calls on young people across the country to serve as resourceful agents to lead the fight against the pandemic in Ghana.
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift
- I’ll release audio recording of Kan Dapaah’s $1m offer to silence me – Barker-Vormawor