Fire has engulfed a plush student hostel at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology on Thursday evening.
The fire is said to have started around 6:00 pm on the third floor of the four storey building, Luv FM's Kofi Asare confirmed.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained as fire personnel struggle to douse the ravaging flames.
One fire tender dispatched to the fire scene ran out of water and had to go for refill.
Kofi Asare said only few students occupied the hostel at the time of the fire because majority of the students were on vacation.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Nyansapo Scholarship Programme equipping parents to manage child learning disabilities
- Asiwa police chief shot by robbers discharged from hospital
- Ghana's Phyllis Osei is 2018's UN Female Police Officer
- JoyNews’ Justice Baidoo wins at IFPPAR Health Journalism Awards
- Only 15% of Ghanaians have access to toilet - NGO
- 20 passengers robbed in Ejura
- You can now pay to attend strangers’ weddings in India
- Asempa FM to host thought leadership forum on Free SHS
- Butchered but survived: Chilling account of 18-year-old who witnessed murder of father
- Suit against National Cathedral misunderstanding of Ghanaian secularism - AG
- EAA Media Productions to host special event on women leadership in Ghana
- Krofrom Gas Station Fire: Casualties rise to 12
- Tourism Ministry bags $40m World Bank loan
- 3 hospitalised after Kumasi gas explosion
- Bimbilla: Security moves to block celebration of Damba festival