Fire has engulfed a plush student hostel at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology on Thursday evening.
The fire is said to have started around 6:00 pm on the third floor of the four storey building, Luv FM's Kofi Asare confirmed.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained as fire personnel struggle to douse the ravaging flames.
One fire tender dispatched to the fire scene ran out of water and had to go for refill.
Kofi Asare said only few students occupied the hostel at the time of the fire because majority of the students were on vacation.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ministers’ discretion rights undermine corruption fight’
- Eight ways to save water
- South Dayi MP pushes for highway rest stop, cultural village at Peki
- Kintampo-Techiman road crash: 53 survived Friday fatality - Police
- Climate Week: Youth Groups across Africa march to demand immediate action
- 2 Dismissed Fire Service officers reinstated
- Nigeria, a sleeping tourism giant that needs awakening
- Anas frustrated by Police apathy in Hussein-Suale's murder probe
- Police request Parliament to release Ken Agyapong over assault complaint
- City guard brutally assaults young man in viral video
- Sex worker shocks Twitter with airplane toilet licking selfie video
- Updated: 55 killed in gory Kintampo-Techiman road crash
- Climate Week: Farmer-based CSOs march to promote agroecology
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, March 22, 2019
- Over 1,000 students take part in WAEC workshop on exam malpractices