Fire has engulfed a plush student hostel at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology on Thursday evening.
The fire is said to have started around 6:00 pm on the third floor of the four storey building, Luv FM's Kofi Asare confirmed.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained as fire personnel struggle to douse the ravaging flames.
One fire tender dispatched to the fire scene ran out of water and had to go for refill.
Kofi Asare said only few students occupied the hostel at the time of the fire because majority of the students were on vacation.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Investigator killing: Time to say enough is enough – Ken Ashigbey
- Photos: Killed undercover investigator buried
- Rev. Korankye Ankrah praises Chief Imam
- Yo-Naa Abubakari Mahama is new Ya Naa-elect
- It's time to nip creeping Fake News challenge in the bud – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ahmed murder an attack on press freedom – US Embassy
- OneGhana Movement wants Kennedy Agyapong prosecuted
- 120 Ghanaian police officers heading to Somalia
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l