The First National Vice Chair of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) is concerned all aspirants from the Volta Region have lost out in the party’s 9th National Delegates Congress.
Anita De-Soso said it is a cause for worry that “there is no Voltarian in the game...”, urging the party to subject the outcome to deep thinking.
Although the results for National Chairmanship for the party in which veteran politician Dan Abodakpi is contesting are yet to be announced, the former National Women’s Organiser revealed to Joy News he lost.
According to her, this development will not affect the NDC during the 2020 election if only the party finds a good way to “massage” the outcome of the Congress.
The Volta Region is said to be the World Bank of the opposition NDC as the party garners the majority of its votes from the region during general elections.
Mrs De-Soso who told Joy News she had lost out on the National Organiser position even before the results were declared said she is happy because, after 39 years in politics, she ventured into a male-dominated area.
She said those who have gotten the mandate to serve should do their best and urged the party members to unite towards victory in 2020.
“There were few women against 23 men contesting for different positions…if that is what they [delegates] want so be it…I have made my name and I will continue to enjoy myself in the party,” she said.
Mrs De-Soso said no one should feel slighted for losing out but respect the decision of the delegates.
She further called on the new leaders to lace their boots and know that the race towards election 2020 has already begun.
Watch the video:
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Youth of Awutu Senya West reject call for George Andah to resign
- ‘My heart is clean’ – Embattled Ofosu Ampofo looks to God for redemption
- ‘Secure lives of citizens’ – Mahama laments 'insecurity' under Akufo-Addo
- NPP didn’t promise not to borrow - Baako challenges NDC claims
- Ghana, Jamaica waive visa for citizens
- NAPO demands apology from Sammy Gyamfi, Zu over kidnapper linkage
- Canadian girls' rescue: No ransom negotiations occurred - Baako backs gov't
- Is gov't trying to gag security capos? - Security analyst quizzes
- Akufo-Addo's policies to fight corruption unmatched in 4th Republic – Bawumia
- Oda NPP gets Nissan Pickup to boost activities
- Deputy Speaker cautions MPs against lying about attendance
- Parliament 'tightens' security following attempted suicide
- Canadian girls kidnap: Education Ministry PRO in trouble over Facebook post
- 15 MPs found to abandon work after ‘clocking in’
- Ghana could have female leader soon - Akufo-Addo