Multiple award-winning rapper Eno Barony says she is rooting for Diana Antwi Hamilton to win the 2021 Artiste of the Year in the upcoming Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
Speaking in an interview with JoyNews’ Becky, the recently crowned Best Rapper at the 3Music Awards shared her excitement about the gospel artiste’s nomination, adding that Diana deserves to win the coveted award.
“She could! I actually want her to win,” she said.
Diana Antwi Hamilton received nominations in 6 categories; Best Gospel Artiste, Gospel Song of the Year, Music Video of the Year, Vodafone Most Popular Song, Songwriter of the Year.
Mrs Hamilton will be competing KiDi, Medikal, Sarkodie and Kuami Eugene for the Artiste of the Year category in this year’s Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
Eno disclosed that growing up, Diana Hamilton was her favorite gospel musician.
According to Eno, Diana’s 2007 classic “Ɔsoro bɛkasa” is her number one gospel music on her playlist.
“I love a lot of them, but I love Diana Hamilton because I grew up singing her songs, I still do at church,” she added.
Diana Hamilton released her debut album in 2007 titled, “Ɔsoro bɛkasa” which subsequently brought her into the limelight.
Her second album “Ensi wo yie”, released in 2010, gained her prominence in the Ghanaian Gospel Music Industry and she hasn’t looked back since. Diana has numerous hit song to her credit including the recently released song ‘Adom’.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ70k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display