Audio By Carbonatix
The 2022 Anlo Mini Hogbetsotso plaque at Anlo Afiadenyigba Junction in the Keta Municipality of the Volta Region has been destroyed by some unknown persons.
The strange incident occurred in the early hours of Wednesday, October 18 at about 0200 hours.
Chairman of Anlo-Afiadenyigba Youth Council, Bubu Klinogo, in a news release, stated that the plaque, which signified the commemoration of the 2022 Hogbetsotso Mini festival hosted by Anlo-Afiadenyigba had been damaged.
He stated that preliminary investigations revealed that the act was allegedly committed by some young men numbering about seven who were wearing masks.
"These young men were said to be holding machetes and other sharp weapons,"the statement said.
He explained that an eyewitness, during the act, had raised alarm by calling the youths of Anlo-Afiadenyigba who then rushed to the scene but could not find the perpetrators of the act.
"We take this as barbaric and criminal, and we will take immediate steps to file a formal complaint to the appropriate authorities."
He also stated that the youth council would engage all the necessary state authorities to launch an immediate investigation into the matter.
The youth also urged the public to remain calm as they expect the police to commence their investigations.
Latest Stories
-
Tennessee execution called off after failed lethal injection
16 minutes -
Jailed Vietnamese tycoon’s Birkin bags sell for more than $550K
27 minutes -
Elon Musk’s SpaceX postpones Starship launch
36 minutes -
Alberta to hold referendum on whether to remain in Canada
46 minutes -
Rubio says Cuba is threat to US as Havana accuses him of ‘lies’
55 minutes -
Village in Juaben celebrates Villa win with parade
4 hours -
Three police officers to accompany 10,000 England fans at World Cup
4 hours -
Haaland and Odegaard head Norway World Cup squad
4 hours -
Up to 350 jobs under threat at Meta in Ireland
5 hours -
Arteta told of title win by crying son – while having barbecue
5 hours -
Meta settles social media addiction case with US school district
5 hours -
Southampton’s Eckert authorised spying missions
5 hours -
Foden and Palmer to miss out on World Cup squad
5 hours -
Hamilton says he has no plans to retire from F1
5 hours -
Nvidia’s latest record earnings fail to impress investors
5 hours