Three National Democratic Congress (NDC) executives in the Eastern Region have been involved in a near-fatal accident while returning from a campaign tour in the Afram Plains area.
The executives, Hackman Kabore, Regional Organizer, Richard Etornam Nyarko, Deputy Regional Organizer, and Michael Akorli, Deputy Regional Communication Officer, were en route to meet the National Chairman, Ofosu Ampofo when their vehicle reportedly veered off the road after hitting an unmarked bumpy stretch.
The vehicle somersaulted five times and landed in a ditch.
The Executives sustained injuries and were rushed to the Atibie Government Hospital for first aid and later referred to Eastern Regional Hospital in Koforidua.
However, their vehicle is badly damaged.
Their accident follows several other accidents involving NDC supporters and executives in the past few weeks.
Just two days ago, November 27, a KIA truck full of NDC supporters was involved in a near-fatal accident at Brohane junction in the Tain district of the Ahafo Region.
The supporters, numbering about 150, were said to be travelling for a party programme at Kabruno at Banda Central when the truck they were travelling in burst a tyre, causing it to somersault and eventually throwing the occupants into a nearby gutter.
The victims were conveyed to the Nsorkor Hospital, but, patients had to be administered treatment on the floor as the hospital run out of beds due to the large numbers.
Two persons are said to be in critical condition and have been referred to the Techiman Holy Family Hospital.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
- Speaker Alban Bagbin urges SALL residents to petition Parliament
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
- I was traumatised by police sirens – Koku Anyidoho on his National Security experience
Former Elegant Resorts IT boss gets £500K in damages after hitting head on doorframe at work
23-year-old driver in court over sex with minor
Vodafone CEO, Director of Digital Transformation make list of 50 most influential corporate women in Africa
Voting should start at 7 am and end at 3 pm – EC proposes
Six-year-old girl rescued from Alajo storm drain
Be cautious of inherent risks of digital transformation – GCB MD
Government charged to mobilise domestic resources to deal with rising debt situation
Playback: Government addresses nation on Covid-19 vaccination Phase II
DCOP Opare Addo had no locus to be in office, his contract has expired – National Security Coordinator
Ghanaian-German Centre for Job launches ‘Ghana Job Fair’ to tackle youth unemployment
Teenage pregnancy surge as Upper East Region records 6,533 cases
We must protect each other against covid-19 – Imperial General Assurance MD
MUSIGA to set up new Election Committee – Ras Caleb
DSP Azugu being at post is a dereliction of duty on IGP’s part – Agalga
How to know when it’s time to end a toxic friendship