A 33-year-old electrician has died in an attempt to replace a streetlight on an Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) Low voltage (LV) line at Kpando in the Volta Region.
The lifeless body of Joseph Ademi, who worked with a private contractor, was found hanging on the pole of the LV line by residents in the early hours of Sunday.
The corpse was subsequently removed and deposited at the Margaret Marquart Catholic Hospital morgue, while the incident had been reported to the police for investigations.
Speaking to Joy News on the incident, the Volta Regional ECG Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Obeng Antwi, indicated the deceased was not authorized by the District Office, to undertake such activity, which lead to his untimely death.
“Another issue of concern was that, he climbed the pole without isolation request and proper safety apparel”, he added.
According to him, the deceased in 2019 had his climbing shoes and belt seized by staff of the Kpando District office for unlawful entry into an ECG network in the area.
Mr Antwi, therefore, warned the public “to desist from unlawful entry into ECG networks.”
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Ghanaian students on government scholarship stranded in UK over delayed stipend
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- 4 persons injured in ghastly accident on Accra-Kumasi Highway
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Classroom Mothers: Schoolgirl donating blood discovers she’s 3 months pregnant
- Individual bondholders petition Togbe Afede over Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- Ghana’s reserves ended 2022 at 2.7 months of import cover; but trade surplus hits $2.75bn
- IMF presses Ghana to stop borrowing from its central bank
- Cedi depreciated by 19.1% to dollar in January 2023 – BoG
- A Google employee of 11 years and his wife shell-shocked over retrenchment
- Ghana’s public debt stood at ¢575.7bn in November 2022 – BoG
- There is a need for proper accountability of climate change funds – Dr Segtub
- Playback: Joy Prime’s BMPS Show: Is flirting disrespectful to your partner?
- What if Muntaka is appointed party’s campaign manager – NDC Executive Member on Minority leadership shake-up
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- 7 shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue