The 45th MTN SWAG awards was held on Saturday, October 10, 2020, at the Alisa Hotel in Accra, coupled with beauty, simplicity and innovation.
The one-hour television produced event was aptly simple as only 10 categories of the 2019 sports performers mounted the podium to receive their respective awards.
The other 17 earlier in the month were at special events decorated with their awards and citations which received heavy media mileage.
Top guests at the event included Supreme Court Judge Justice Tanko Amadu who represented the Chief Justice, Sports Minister Isaac Kwame Asiamah, CEO of MTN Mr Selorm Adadevor, CEO of Ghana Gas Dr B J Asante, Chief Patron H. E Amarkai Armarteyfio, top officials from Exim Bank, Goil and Startimes TV.
List of Winners below:
Hockey Player of the Year (Male) – Ernest Opoku.
Female Hockey Player of the Year (Female) – Elizabeth Opoku.
Athlete of the Year (Male) – Joseph Paul Amoah.
Athlete of the Year (Female) – Rose Amoanimaa Yeboah.
Coach of the Year (weightlifting) – Nii Otoo Larkyne.
Professional Boxer of the Year – Richard Commey.
Prospect of the Year – Rose Amoanimaa Yeboah.
Amateur Boxer of the Year – Shakur Samed.
Armwrestler of the Year (Male) – Derrick Kwakye.
Armwrestler of the Year (Female) – Grace Mintah.
Taekwondo Athletes of the Year – Henrietta Armah and Benson Adom Addo.
Footballer of the Year (Female) – Elizabeth Addo.
Footballer of the Year – Jordan Ayew.
Footballer of the Year (Local) – Felix Annan.
Sports Personality of the Year – Para Athlete, Raphael Botsyo Nkegbe.
SWAG Top Three Federations of The Year – Ghana Athletics, Ghana Armwrestling, Ghana Weightlifting.
The 45th MTN SWAG Awards produced by Perception Management International was live on Startimes TV, Adepa TV, Max TV, Kessben TV and others.
SWAG Awards, the longest running award scheme in Ghana rewards top performing Sports men and Women over the year, and recognises the efforts of persons involved in Sports development.
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- Some OMCs start increasing fuel prices; Goil selling a litre of petrol, diesel for ¢12.45
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- ‘It’s disappointing’ – Bofoakwa Tano coach on not being able to lead the team in Ghana Premier League
- Harm Reduction Alliance-Ghana urges government to adopt Sweden’s approach towards a Tobacco-free society
- France influencers: Jail threat for those found flouting new ad laws
- Taylor Swift fans report ‘amnesia’ following Eras show
- Finance Minister reaffirms government commitment to economic stability to MTN Group investors
- Twitter boss Elon Musk reclaims title of world’s richest person
- US President Joe Biden trips and falls at Colorado event
- Woman jailed 2 months for stealing GH¢4,600
- Some illegal miners went back into AngloGold Ashanti’s shaft after being rescued – Martin Ayisi
- WMO appoints first female Secretary-General
- Assin North by-election: NPP closes nomination as two persons pick forms
- I didn’t go for my curvy body to entice men – TikToker Aba Dope
- Your foreign tours will never be cancelled if you involve us – Alordia to Ghanaian artistes
- Gonja-Mamprusi clash: Security personnel deployed to restore calm
- Adjetey Anang to mark 50th birthday with movie, memoir, health foundation
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba